You would think the Orcs and the Dunmer would be bff's

#11Brenz0rPosted 2/8/2013 9:28:35 PM
AddictedToXbox posted...
The Orcs and Dunmer have very contrasting beliefs. Dunmeri beliefs favor lies, deception, and secrecy. Orcish beliefs favor strength, meeting your fate head on, and staying true to your word.

Which is why Orsinium keeps getting burned down.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#12AddictedToXboxPosted 2/8/2013 9:49:42 PM
Brenz0r posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...
The Orcs and Dunmer have very contrasting beliefs. Dunmeri beliefs favor lies, deception, and secrecy. Orcish beliefs favor strength, meeting your fate head on, and staying true to your word.

Nah. The Bretons and Redguards are just afraid of Orsinium growing too large and becoming a threat. So they team up in numbers far greater than those of Orsinium like the cowards they are.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#13Brenz0rPosted 2/8/2013 10:01:17 PM
AddictedToXbox posted...
Brenz0r posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...

Nah. The Bretons and Redguards are just afraid of Orsinium growing too large and becoming a threat. So they team up in numbers far greater than those of Orsinium like the cowards they are.

I'm pretty sure that's more to do with their brutish savagery in raiding and pillaging perfectly harmless coastal regions of the Iliac Bay. Or maybe their worship of a Daedra's droppings. Foul and unsightly beasts, they are.

More seriously, if I were to name the big "superpowers" of TES, it'd likely be Dunmer, Argonians and Redguards. And yes, the Dunmer aren't doing so well at the moment, but when it takes a giant volcano exploding (and wrecking most of their homeland), a Daedra invasion and their living gods either dying or abandoning them to put them down, they're not all that bad off, and they're in the process of rebuilding anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they "came out swinging" in the next TES.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#14Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/8/2013 10:02:32 PM
Their Bff is Jill
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#15AddictedToXboxPosted 2/8/2013 10:14:22 PM
Brenz0r posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...
Brenz0r posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...

I'm pretty sure that's more to do with their brutish savagery in raiding and pillaging perfectly harmless coastal regions of the Iliac Bay. Or maybe their worship of a Daedra's droppings. Foul and unsightly beasts, they are.

More seriously, if I were to name the big "superpowers" of TES, it'd likely be Dunmer, Argonians and Redguards. And yes, the Dunmer aren't doing so well at the moment, but when it takes a giant volcano exploding (and wrecking most of their homeland), a Daedra invasion and their living gods either dying or abandoning them to put them down, they're not all that bad off, and they're in the process of rebuilding anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they "came out swinging" in the next TES.

You and I both know that wasn't the case with Nova Orsinium.

Why aren't the Nords in that list? They managed to crush the combined armies of High Rock and Hammerfell in the War of Bend'r Mahk all by themselves. I'd consider them more of a "superpower" than the Argonians.
---
#16Brenz0rPosted 2/8/2013 10:25:03 PM
You and I both know that wasn't the case with Nova Orsinium.

That was just so they wouldn't think people were going soft on them. Besides, they like having a firm boot on their collective neck.

Why aren't the Nords in that list?

The Nords would probably be my fourth choice (I didn't want a superpower list to be half the available in-game races).
---
#17AddictedToXboxPosted 2/8/2013 10:44:57 PM
Brenz0r posted...
That was just so they wouldn't think people were going soft on them.

The Nords would probably be my fourth choice (I didn't want a superpower list to be half the available in-game races).

Or they're just cowards.

Other Orcs with vision attempted to create homelands over the next three thousand years, but all were attacked and destroyed before they could take root.

Like I said, cowards.

I still don't see why you rank the Argonians and Dunmer above the Nords. So the Dunmer rebuilt after getting decimated... Big deal. The Orsimer have done that countless times with fewer numbers.
---
#18Brenz0rPosted 2/8/2013 11:08:52 PM(edited)
Or they're just cowards.

Or those dirty orcs are just sore losers. If you can't hold what you take, you never held it in the first place. Boot. Neck.

I still don't see why you rank the Argonians and Dunmer above the Nords. So the Dunmer rebuilt after getting decimated... Big deal.

It's what had to happen for them to be decimated in the first place. They had to be hit by three massive disasters (four if you count the Argonian invasion), one of which was metaphysical in nature, in order to really be brought down, and they're already putting it all back together and rebuilding into something stronger ("Vivec Was Right!"). The Argonians are the ones who threw out Mehrunes Dagon's armies by main force, something no other province in Tamriel was capable of doing. Yes, they did it with the Hist helping, but I don't see why the Hist should be divorced from the Argonians when judging the strength of the race, given the symbiotic relationship that they have (as noted in Infernal City/Lord of Souls).

The Nords haven't really been tested on that sort of scale yet. Depending on what natural disasters Bethesda throws at Skyrim in the backstory for the next TES, that might change (play Morrowind, and then everything goes to hell for the Dunmer in the Oblivion Crisis; play Oblivion, and everything goes to hell for the Empire in the Great War). If the pattern holds, a similar disaster will hit Skyrim.
---
#19AddictedToXboxPosted 2/8/2013 11:39:29 PM
Brenz0r posted...
Or those dirty orcs are just sore losers. If you can't hold what you take, you never held it in the first place. Boot. Neck.

It's what had to happen for them to be decimated in the first place. They had to be hit by three massive disasters (four if you count the Argonian invasion), one of which was metaphysical in nature, in order to really be brought down, and they're already putting it all back together and rebuilding into something stronger ("Vivec Was Right!"). The Argonians are the ones who threw out Mehrunes Dagon's armies by main force, something no other province in Tamriel was capable of doing. Yes, they did it with the Hist helping, but I don't see why the Hist should be divorced from the Argonians when judging the strength of the race, given the symbiotic relationship that they have (as noted in Infernal City/Lord of Souls).

The Nords haven't really been tested on that sort of scale yet. Depending on what natural disasters Bethesda throws at Skyrim in the backstory for the next TES, that might change (play Morrowind, and then everything goes to hell for the Dunmer in the Oblivion Crisis; play Oblivion, and everything goes to hell for the Empire in the Great War). If the pattern holds, a similar disaster will hit Skyrim.

I don't hear the Orcs complaining about their loss. Instead, they rebuild again and again. Do I smell troll fat, Brenz0r?

It does not matter what they went through. Being brought low is being brought low. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Why are you exclusifying this to the Dunmer? They're in no position to be pushing around anyone currently, and they certainly aren't the first people to have faced annihilation.

Yes, the Argonians are unmatched in their swamps. Could the same be said outside of those swamps? The Nords, like the Redguards, have already proven they can take foreign lands through force.

What about Atmora and Sarthaal?
---
#20Brenz0rPosted 2/9/2013 12:13:17 AM
Do I smell troll fat, Brenz0r?

You know I like to keep those Orcs where they belong.

It does not matter what they went through. Being brought low is being brought low.

Disagree absolutely. When it takes multiple disasters (any one of which has fair odds of wrecking another province all by its lonesome, and in the case of the Oblivion Crisis did wreck other provinces all by its lonesome) in succession to bring you down, you're one of the superpowers.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Why are you exclusifying this to the Dunmer?

I don't know where you got that idea.

Yes, the Argonians are unmatched in their swamps. Could the same be said outside of those swamps?

Their invasion of Morrowind would argue for the positive, and their war with Mehrunes Dagon also involved an invasion of the Deadlands (i.e. leaving their swamps).

What about Atmora and Sarthaal?

Atmora was a migration when it began to grow colder and was eventually uninhabitable, forcing the Atmorans to flee. Not an actual disaster, per se.

Saarthal was only the first settlement of the Nords in Skyrim. Remember that it was before the great migration waves of Ysgramor that brought the majority of the Atmorans to Tamriel. The Nordic oral histories also imply in Aldudagga (Fight Two) that they only had about six hundred warriors compared to thousands of elves - not a very large settlement on a large scale, really. That said, Nords are also prone to exaggeration. And stupid.

You know all of this. Why are you asking me to repeat it to you?
---