Repeating the same build: Creating your own main character

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Repeating the same build: Creating your own main character

User Info: theonyxphoenix

theonyxphoenix
4 years ago#1
I've found a build and a background that I really enjoy so whenever I restart a new game I just end up recreating it again and again. This character differs from the default main character dovakiin. Does anyone else have a niche character that they keep returning to?
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy

User Info: PimpHandofGod

PimpHandofGod
4 years ago#2
That would get intensely boring fast.
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
4 years ago#3
theonyxphoenix posted...
I've found a build and a background that I really enjoy so whenever I restart a new game I just end up recreating it again and again. This character differs from the default main character dovakiin. Does anyone else have a niche character that they keep returning to?

if by that you mean using the same RP on different races but staying with the same skill, i love the sword shield and spellsword combo and certain shouts, also love the dual maniac and huntsman semi build

User Info: Dougymc

Dougymc
4 years ago#4
I have 3. They are, in the order of number of times played:

Assassin (Sneak + Dagger + Invisibility, usually Argonian)

Hunter (Archery + Sneak, usually Bosmer)

Conjurer (Conjuration + Sneak, usually Breton)

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
4 years ago#5
I have 3 main chars, me and my two RP children (which are old enough to fight obviously) that I have been making since they were created around 2007 ish. I'll use the names at random in other games, but the 3 of them will be made in every ES I play pretty much (from Oblivion on now).

In Skyrim though, I made my first Kahjiit, and I think he'll be my 4th main from here on out.

I did make my first ever Argonian, but I am unsure if he'll carry over into future games, probably not.

In ES they stick to certain layouts. (Typically, though they aren't locked on weapon type : For example my main actually started out as duel wield mace + Axe for awhile)

Main since Morrowind : Nord(though I tried out imperial in Oblivion because I just couldn't get the face where I wanted it) : 1h sword + Shield + Archery : Heavy armor,Only char that does main quest. : Can use almost any weapon type (though I typically play though as what ever I choose at the start)

Son : Light skinned redguard : 2h sword + Archery : Heavy Armor (wish they'd bring back Med armor), explores and does many different quest, Typically starting with fighter guild or equivalent : Warewolf as of Skyrim

Daughter : Breton : Pure Mage, minimal combat skills. : Does mage guild or related quest. Currently a vampire as of Dawnguard, may decide to cure that before the next installment though.

Kahjiit : Thief/assassin, dagger + Archery : Light armor, from now on will take all thieves guild and dark brotherhood quest lines.

I will adjust them as needed, but that is their base setup. And I intertwine their stories. I've worked my Kahjiit in, as a friend I've known secretly for a very long time, that I met on one of my adventures. (obviously I have a bit more too it but yeah)
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\

User Info: Mick65

Mick65
4 years ago#6
I'm remaking my Altmer Mage Vampire. He was high level when DwnGrd came out, he was my second character.
Got Sanquine Vampirism by level ten so I could experience it more fully. I plan on finishing the MQ before going Volkihar. Very different being a low level Mage vampire.
leg godt

User Info: Hanzou74

Hanzou74
4 years ago#7
I can't help but make a jack of all trades/treasure hunter. Just can't bring myself to pigeonhole a character and limit them to only certain skillsets.

User Info: obishawn

obishawn
4 years ago#8
Try as I may at different builds, I always default to a sneaky assassin.
Winter is coming

User Info: Sithtristen

Sithtristen
4 years ago#9
i do. Nord Archer.

And I use that term loosely, but seriously, I've made over 5 Nord who look exactly the same and do the same things. Finally broke the niche and made an imperial character.
You just got Sarge'd!
It's hard to fly with eagles if you're stuck working with a bunch of turkeys.

User Info: zerobobo

zerobobo
4 years ago#10
absolutely.

my nord "ranger"

one handed, block, archery, light armor, sneak, restoration, alteration.

ive made him so many times, its really hard to stray away from that, i just love it so much cus its got a little bit of magic, the sword shield for melee needs, sneaking around for my stealth needs.

really versatile and fun character.

i always wear hide from 1-10. then upgrade to studded for 10-20. then upgrade to scaled for 20+ and stick with scaled. i love that cus it looks like such a natural progression, almost like its the same suit of armor thats slowly being added to and upgraded/repaired over time.

my other favorite type is my imperial spellsword.
onehanded, destruction, restoration, alteration, conjuration, light armor. (and for some reason sneak too lol)
Gamertag: Clonedzero
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Repeating the same build: Creating your own main character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived