Repeating the same build: Creating your own main character

#1theonyxphoenixPosted 2/8/2013 11:30:50 PM
I've found a build and a background that I really enjoy so whenever I restart a new game I just end up recreating it again and again. This character differs from the default main character dovakiin. Does anyone else have a niche character that they keep returning to?
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#2PimpHandofGodPosted 2/8/2013 11:41:09 PM
That would get intensely boring fast.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#3FreeMan5407Posted 2/8/2013 11:47:31 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
I've found a build and a background that I really enjoy so whenever I restart a new game I just end up recreating it again and again. This character differs from the default main character dovakiin. Does anyone else have a niche character that they keep returning to?

if by that you mean using the same RP on different races but staying with the same skill, i love the sword shield and spellsword combo and certain shouts, also love the dual maniac and huntsman semi build
#4DougymcPosted 2/8/2013 11:55:14 PM
I have 3. They are, in the order of number of times played:

Assassin (Sneak + Dagger + Invisibility, usually Argonian)

Hunter (Archery + Sneak, usually Bosmer)

Conjurer (Conjuration + Sneak, usually Breton)
#595_EclipsePosted 2/9/2013 12:17:05 AM(edited)
I have 3 main chars, me and my two RP children (which are old enough to fight obviously) that I have been making since they were created around 2007 ish. I'll use the names at random in other games, but the 3 of them will be made in every ES I play pretty much (from Oblivion on now).

In Skyrim though, I made my first Kahjiit, and I think he'll be my 4th main from here on out.

I did make my first ever Argonian, but I am unsure if he'll carry over into future games, probably not.

In ES they stick to certain layouts. (Typically, though they aren't locked on weapon type : For example my main actually started out as duel wield mace + Axe for awhile)

Main since Morrowind : Nord(though I tried out imperial in Oblivion because I just couldn't get the face where I wanted it) : 1h sword + Shield + Archery : Heavy armor,Only char that does main quest. : Can use almost any weapon type (though I typically play though as what ever I choose at the start)

Son : Light skinned redguard : 2h sword + Archery : Heavy Armor (wish they'd bring back Med armor), explores and does many different quest, Typically starting with fighter guild or equivalent : Warewolf as of Skyrim

Daughter : Breton : Pure Mage, minimal combat skills. : Does mage guild or related quest. Currently a vampire as of Dawnguard, may decide to cure that before the next installment though.

Kahjiit : Thief/assassin, dagger + Archery : Light armor, from now on will take all thieves guild and dark brotherhood quest lines.

I will adjust them as needed, but that is their base setup. And I intertwine their stories. I've worked my Kahjiit in, as a friend I've known secretly for a very long time, that I met on one of my adventures. (obviously I have a bit more too it but yeah)
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#6Mick65Posted 2/9/2013 2:12:02 AM
I'm remaking my Altmer Mage Vampire. He was high level when DwnGrd came out, he was my second character.
Got Sanquine Vampirism by level ten so I could experience it more fully. I plan on finishing the MQ before going Volkihar. Very different being a low level Mage vampire.
---
leg godt
#7Hanzou74Posted 2/9/2013 2:15:43 AM
I can't help but make a jack of all trades/treasure hunter. Just can't bring myself to pigeonhole a character and limit them to only certain skillsets.
#8obishawnPosted 2/9/2013 8:17:13 AM
Try as I may at different builds, I always default to a sneaky assassin.
---
Winter is coming
#9SithtristenPosted 2/9/2013 9:26:24 AM
i do. Nord Archer.

And I use that term loosely, but seriously, I've made over 5 Nord who look exactly the same and do the same things. Finally broke the niche and made an imperial character.
---
You just got Sarge'd!
It's hard to fly with eagles if you're stuck working with a bunch of turkeys.
#10zeroboboPosted 2/9/2013 9:39:25 AM
absolutely.

my nord "ranger"

one handed, block, archery, light armor, sneak, restoration, alteration.

ive made him so many times, its really hard to stray away from that, i just love it so much cus its got a little bit of magic, the sword shield for melee needs, sneaking around for my stealth needs.

really versatile and fun character.

i always wear hide from 1-10. then upgrade to studded for 10-20. then upgrade to scaled for 20+ and stick with scaled. i love that cus it looks like such a natural progression, almost like its the same suit of armor thats slowly being added to and upgraded/repaired over time.

my other favorite type is my imperial spellsword.
onehanded, destruction, restoration, alteration, conjuration, light armor. (and for some reason sneak too lol)
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero