This we will ever see a Moot called/decided in a DLC? *spoilers*

#11RampagingwalrusPosted 2/9/2013 9:27:46 AM
JINJ0 posted...
Maybe not your Dovahkiin...

"My" Dovahkiin is not the issue... the canon Dovahkiin is.
Who will be somebody who barely existed in the annals of history.
So not somebody who went on to be High King.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#12zeroboboPosted 2/9/2013 9:32:23 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Jstretch19 posted...
Except the Dovahkiin has a natural predisposition to wanting to rule others, ala Tiber Septim.

Just like every other dragon, especially Paarthurnax, and Odahving... oh, wait.

uh, paarthurnax totally does have a natural urge to rule and dominate others.

its kinda the entire crux of his character. he's overcoming his natural predisposition of domination with the way of the voice.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#13RampagingwalrusPosted 2/9/2013 9:36:01 AM
zerobobo posted...
uh, paarthurnax totally does have a natural urge to rule and dominate others.

its kinda the entire crux of his character. he's overcoming his natural predisposition of domination with the way of the voice.

Which was sort of my point.
Just because somebody wants to do something, does not mean that they are stupid enough to actually do it.
---
#14JINJ0Posted 2/9/2013 9:38:23 AM(edited)
Rampagingwalrus posted...
JINJ0 posted...
Maybe not your Dovahkiin...

"My" Dovahkiin is not the issue... the canon Dovahkiin is.
Who will be somebody who barely existed in the annals of history.
So not somebody who went on to be High King.

The Last Dragonborn? Slayer of Alduin? Dragon Hunter? Hero of Skyrim? Slayer of Miraak? Savior of the Kalpa? WTF do you mean, "... barely existed in the annals of history"? Just because the Nerevarine didn't stick around to bask in the glory of his/her deeds doesn't mean no one remembers or praises the Nerevarine's heroics. The Champion of Cyrodiil's triumphs are not lessened through the ambiguity of the events surrounding the Oblivion Crisis' conclusion. The Last Dovahkiin will be remembered. The inability to speak to your own past character and catch up on things for old times' sake does not change that.
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#15JINJ0Posted 2/9/2013 9:37:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16RampagingwalrusPosted 2/9/2013 9:42:31 AM
JINJ0 posted...
The Last Dragonborn? Slayer of Alduin? Dragon Hunter? Hero of Skyrim? Slayer of Miraak? Savior of the Kalpa? WTF do you mean, "... barely existed in the annals of history"? Just because the Nerevarine didn't stick around to bask in the glory of his/her deeds doesn't mean no one remembers or praises the Nerevarine's heroics. The Champion of Cyrodiil's triumphs are not lessened through the ambiguity of the events surrounding the Oblivion Crisis' conclusion. The Last Dovahkiin will be remembered. The inability to speak to your own past character and catch up on things for old times' sake does not change that.

The escaped prisoner Argonian, that was raised to become High King of Skyrim, is something that will not happen.
The Dovahkiin will never become anything important, just some faceless/nameless person that was rumoured to have been behind the banishment of dragons.
History will likely not even record that it was Alduin, or that the very fate of the world was at stake, just that a bunch of dragons appeared and caused some trouble, then went away.
---
#17JINJ0Posted 2/9/2013 9:48:34 AM
Vagueness is to be expected when catering to several million people who all played your last installment in a long running RPG series. I don't really like arguing semantics, either, so I'll just kindly say I disagree with your usage of "barely" and leave it at that.
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#18Fade_ChokesPosted 2/9/2013 10:12:39 AM
agentspoon posted...
Or is it basically decided already?

Imperial CW Victory - Elisif as High Queen

Stormcloak CW Victory - Ulfric as High King.

Did you not finish the CW quest?! Why would there be a moot when all the jarls are replaced with only ones that support the winner.
---
The Chief: "...you are also getting a new partner"
Blasto: "Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this one?"
#19Baugh_22Posted 2/9/2013 10:23:56 AM
While the Dragonborn probably wouldn't become High King, he could have some influence in the Moot. Maybe have a DLC where you can endorse a Jarl other than Elisif/Ulfric and they will take the crown.
---
Washington Redskins: 10-6 (0-1)
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/nash/wtfiwwy
#20jessevalePosted 2/9/2013 10:31:46 AM
DB quest line should be canon and your pc becomes emperor. Makes more sense for the Tamriel we know, continuing the third empire's legacy, for this new dragonborn to take control back. Titus Mede took power through war - I'd much rather hear my character is the emperor than hear he went on an expedition to akavir and never was seen again.