Who else thinks like this about Dawnguard

#1PolypropylenPosted 2/9/2013 2:30:06 PM
I don't want to miss crossbows and some of the new armor sets on new characters, but i hate the vampire attacks! And i don't want to beat the DG main quest over and over again, because i don't really like it....imho it feels like a torture :/
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 2/9/2013 2:32:21 PM
Also, there is a lot of unskippable dialogue, so rushing through it is tedious.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3Polypropylen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:37:29 PM
Also "rushing" is the wrong word in my opinion for those tediously long (and some parts are f****** boring) dungeons...

I got Skyrim on day1, as well as all of its DLCs, i kept playing the game countless hours and keep coming back every now and then....but i'm a bit disappointed that all the "new" content has restrictions....

I would really like to let a new toon just start its journey on Solstheim instead of Helgen! Wouldn't that be cool?
#4zeroboboPosted 2/9/2013 2:48:49 PM
i uninstalled dawnguard shortly after beating it, havent put it back on in a long time
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#5Mick65Posted 2/9/2013 2:51:51 PM
I started a new character a couple of weeks ago, and at level 37 I've had one town attack. I didn't start the DwnGrd quest, and I haven't been fast traveling with this guy so maybe those had something to do with it. I do remember when I first downloaded it, I got the much more frequently, but I think the FT may have had something to do with it.

And you can go straight to Solstheim, you just can't start the DrgBrn MQ.
---
leg godt
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/9/2013 2:54:06 PM
vampire attacks don't happen if you side with Vampires. You get attacked by Dawnguard but they don't attack townsfolk.
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#7SylistaPosted 2/9/2013 3:20:20 PM
Vampire attacks aren't that bad.

I don't know if Bethesda actually changed anything but it doesn't nearly as bad now as it did when the DLC first went live. In my current game, in the 30 hours I've played since Dawnguard became active at level 8 and vampire attacks started, they've attacked my towns three times and not killed anyone. I freely fast travel directly into towns now if I have to instead of the stables because it's so infrequent. Compare that with the experience I had the first time with Dawnguard where every other visit to a town was met with a vampire attack twice the size of the ones I am seeing now.

I never see the 'stranger' vampire in the blue robes now either which is what leads me to believe the attacks were toned down in a patch - I could never visit a single town without bumping into him before. He killed so many innocent villagers once over.

As for the actual content in the expansion, I quite like it. I hate the Soul Cairn but rescuing Serana and Dexius, infiltrating Volkihar castle and taking the pilgrimage through the Vale are some of my favourite parts of Skyrim. It's the only time I find fighting falmer fun.
---
Everyday I'm shufflin'. Except weekends and every alternate Tuesday. Oh, and most of August.
#8GBALoserPosted 2/9/2013 3:37:26 PM
Sylista posted...
Vampire attacks aren't that bad.

I don't know if Bethesda actually changed anything but it doesn't nearly as bad now as it did when the DLC first went live. In my current game, in the 30 hours I've played since Dawnguard became active at level 8 and vampire attacks started, they've attacked my towns three times and not killed anyone. I freely fast travel directly into towns now if I have to instead of the stables because it's so infrequent. Compare that with the experience I had the first time with Dawnguard where every other visit to a town was met with a vampire attack twice the size of the ones I am seeing now.

I never see the 'stranger' vampire in the blue robes now either which is what leads me to believe the attacks were toned down in a patch - I could never visit a single town without bumping into him before. He killed so many innocent villagers once over.

As for the actual content in the expansion, I quite like it. I hate the Soul Cairn but rescuing Serana and Dexius, infiltrating Volkihar castle and taking the pilgrimage through the Vale are some of my favourite parts of Skyrim. It's the only time I find fighting falmer fun.

Yeah, I think they toned down the attack rate. I remember at release it felt like every other time I fast traveled Vampire Attack. On my current playthrough now, I'm level 30 hours in and only had three attacks.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#9clone11Posted 2/9/2013 3:43:52 PM
I've had Dawnguard for a very long time and in all the that time, I've only lost one NPC to a vampire attack, and it was a guard, so I wasn't even bothered.

Honestly, how the hell are people having vampires wiping out entire towns and s***, like some claim?
---
"Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity..."
#10GBALoserPosted 2/9/2013 4:00:43 PM
clone11 posted...
I've had Dawnguard for a very long time and in all the that time, I've only lost one NPC to a vampire attack, and it was a guard, so I wasn't even bothered.

Honestly, how the hell are people having vampires wiping out entire towns and s***, like some claim?

I know. I think every hold has at least two essential NPC's near the gates, so losing that many non-essential NPCs seems odd to me.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman