Is Skyrim REALLY that good?

#1OrangePoetPosted 2/9/2013 2:49:20 PM
When I tried Oblivion I tried it because people said it was one of the best games of this generation. Honestly... It wasn't that great. In fact after about 10 hours of playing it, it started to get old fast.. And I spent 60 hours doing all the guild quests and the story.

So... Honestly what do you guys think? Is it really that good?
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#2BrolySuperpowerPosted 2/9/2013 2:50:26 PM
Get the game and try it. You Nvr know..
---
"Well hello Dere!"
#3JohnRyan1228Posted 2/9/2013 2:51:14 PM
Hard to say. It's definitely better than oblivion imo, but I loved oblivion, so... You have to answer for yourself.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#4GBALoserPosted 2/9/2013 2:52:38 PM
At the very least, it's better than Oblivion.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#57Lady7Maria7Posted 2/9/2013 2:53:08 PM
It's only that good if you like open world rpgs. If you like games that are non-linear and lots of character customization, then this is a must for you. I found it quite enjoyable and have put over 300 hours into it.
---
Do you love your guns? (yeah) God? (yeah) Government? (**** yeah)
#6OddratPosted 2/9/2013 2:54:23 PM
Well considering I've put hundreds of hours into it, it must be doin something right
#7Evil_SandwichPosted 2/9/2013 2:54:53 PM
Nope.

There are many games that are far superior to Skyrim.
#87Lady7Maria7Posted 2/9/2013 2:59:51 PM
Seriously, most people that actually like this game put a LOT of hours into it. There is so much content. That is reason enough alone to play it.
---
Do you love your guns? (yeah) God? (yeah) Government? (**** yeah)
#9SxmfctPosted 2/9/2013 3:06:29 PM
With no mods I spent about 5 hours on the game

With mods that's gone up to over 100

It's a pretty bland game, everything about it is mediocre, there's just a lot of stuff in it
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#10HatchetHoundPosted 2/9/2013 3:07:22 PM
No it's not, but it's still pretty good.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."