...Time Warping Waterfall?

#1FerusDemensPosted 2/9/2013 11:12:48 PM
I'm not sure what caused this wierdness, but here is what happened:

Started up Skyrim for the first time in forever and hit continue. After about an hour or so of screwing around I head to Valtheim Tower to kill some bandits.

I get there and kill everyone, but one bandit fell into the river. I went in after his body and wound up going over the edge of a waterfall. I realized what was happening and tried to use 'Become Ethereal' to save myself, but I was already in mid-air. So, I hugged the wall of the waterfall to try and save myself. Didn't work, I died. So, I think, "Meh, I'll just pop back up outside Harkon's Castle (I can't remember the name of the castle at the moment)."

Nope, I instead show up in the Riverwood Trader, the location I last saved as my second character, and my only active quest? 'Explore Bleakfalls Barrow' So now, due to some wierd craziness due to my last save for my main character being glitchy, I immediately get teleported back to Riverwood Trader, apparently forced to redo all my quests.

None of the NPCs are reacting to me as they should after Alduin's defeat, so what, I ask, is going on?!
---
Find me on deviantArt - FerusDemens or on Xbox Live - Ferus Demens
#2Ghost_SainttPosted 2/9/2013 11:26:53 PM
Someone sliped a pill in your drink while you weren't looking now your tripping O.o
#3FerusDemens(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:30:48 PM
XD Oddly enough, my friend suggested that when I first told him what was going on. I REALLY don't want to have to do all this over again. I've tried reloading my other saves for my main character, but he keeps getting sent to the Riverwood Trader after each load... I think I broke Skyrim.
---
#4Ghost_SainttPosted 2/9/2013 11:38:32 PM
Haha nice :p & have you downloaded any DLC or have you had anyone mod your gamesave? Also ur game could of loaded your save in the wrong order causing your first character to be overwritten?
#5FerusDemens(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:57:05 PM
The only DLC I have on my Xbox (Yes, this happened on Xbox) is Dawnguard at the moment. I haven't modified the game in any way, but I suppose it did load it in the wrong order, I still have my stats, skills, and level, the only thing that changed was the location.

I've been trying to fix it by loading the other saves I didn't try, but I keep getting sent to Riverwood Trader. Maybe I have to delete the other character saves?
---
#6TheGreatCheezePosted 2/10/2013 1:00:24 AM
Maybe it's a sign you need to try out a new character build?

Having said that, 5 out of my 7 characters are pure Archers, the other two are pure Warriors.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#7kentuckyboy88Posted 2/10/2013 1:11:37 AM
Im glad i'm not the only one who had crazy s*** happen. I had entered the mine that overlooks whiterun, and once the loading screen completed when I entered the mine, I was in the honey brew meadery.
---
Gt. xL3G3ND KILL3Rx
#8ty1098Posted 2/10/2013 6:49:56 AM
FerusDemens posted...
The only DLC I have on my Xbox (Yes, this happened on Xbox) is Dawnguard at the moment. I haven't modified the game in any way, but I suppose it did load it in the wrong order, I still have my stats, skills, and level, the only thing that changed was the location.

I've been trying to fix it by loading the other saves I didn't try, but I keep getting sent to Riverwood Trader. Maybe I have to delete the other character saves?

So you have all your equipment, skills, perks, and levels?

New Game Plus it bro!
---
That dog is a vengeful little ****. He hires thugs to kill me all the time. -MoxRavager
#9jodiebigballsPosted 2/10/2013 7:20:49 AM
ty1098 posted...
FerusDemens posted...

So you have all your equipment, skills, perks, and levels?

New Game Plus it bro!

This ^
That's a pretty awesome glitch IMO :)
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse