What race should I play?

#1RINGOUTPosted 2/9/2013 11:38:52 PM
I've seriously been at the character selection page for like 30 minutes. Idk bro.
---
Gamertag: Smoke a Fat J
#2AigonrothPosted 2/9/2013 11:42:41 PM
random.org make the minimum value 1 and the maximum value 10

Whichever number you get is what race you play as (the races are assigned to each number in the order they appear on the character selection screen).
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#3BeidhaPosted 2/9/2013 11:49:22 PM
Dunmer
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#4Ghost_SainttPosted 2/9/2013 11:51:11 PM
A nord or imperial for Lore purposes

A breton or high elf for mage's

Khajjitt or dark elf for theif's

Orc for warrior

Wood elf for Archery

Argonian for waterbreathing and resist disease...

I highly recommend a nord though if you're on your first play through because other races dont quite fit the MQ
#5RINGOUT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:02:41 AM
Yeah this really messes with me, in Oblivion I felt like any race could be the champion of cyrodiil. But i def feel the Nord pressure. I think I'm gonna go with Dunmer tho solely because random.org and the first poster told me to.
---
Gamertag: Smoke a Fat J
#6Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 2/10/2013 12:39:08 AM
Ghost_Saintt posted...

Orc for warrior

Wood elf for Archery

I highly recommend a nord though if you're on your first play through because other races dont quite fit the MQ

I, I don't understand what you mean by lore purposes. Care to explain why a dragon born can't be a khajit or dark elf, or even an altmer?

You do realize that being a dragon born has nothing to do with lineage unless we are talking about the septim blood line. Being a dragon born is simply being a person infused with the soul of a dragon, don't give this guy the wrong ideas about lore.
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#7wahabwasimPosted 2/10/2013 9:56:59 AM
Imperial
#8EvanW1109Posted 2/10/2013 10:23:09 AM
Van_Of_The_Dawn posted...
Ghost_Saintt posted...

Orc for warrior

Wood elf for Archery

I, I don't understand what you mean by lore purposes. Care to explain why a dragon born can't be a khajit or dark elf, or even an altmer?

You do realize that being a dragon born has nothing to do with lineage unless we are talking about the septim blood line. Being a dragon born is simply being a person infused with the soul of a dragon, don't give this guy the wrong ideas about lore.

I took this in reference to a two things:

1. Being a Nord in Skyrim fits the Stormcloak faction and the racial majority so you really "fit it" to Skyrim. How many argonians/khajits do you see in the game compared to Nords? I would even argue that the Nord fits in best to the Companion quest line.

2. Being an Imperial in Skyrim fits the Legion faction and as you mentioned, the Septim blood line.

The other races don't fall into any storyline necessarily, which is why they also work, but the Nord/Imperial race fits in best to the setting and to certain questlines.
#9Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 2/10/2013 10:38:25 AM
EvanW1109 posted...
Ghost_Saintt posted...

Orc for warrior

Wood elf for Archery

1. Being a Nord in Skyrim fits the Stormcloak faction and the racial majority so you really "fit it" to Skyrim. How many argonians/khajits do you see in the game compared to Nords? I would even argue that the Nord fits in best to the Companion quest line.

2. Being an Imperial in Skyrim fits the Legion faction and as you mentioned, the Septim blood line.

The other races don't fall into any storyline necessarily, which is why they also work, but the Nord/Imperial race fits in best to the setting and to certain questlines.

On the contrary, I could argue that an Orc fits best in the imperial quest line, or anyone for that matter. And Same could be said for whoever wants to join the stormcloaks. Heck if ya think about it a high elf thalmor agent would be best to join the stormcloaks.

You could argue that a khajit fits perfectly fine in skyrim. Being a minority has nothing to do with lore. Also the septim bloodline has ended and its quite clear that if you pick an imperial you are not a part of the septim bloodline, less the greybeards would've called upon you much longer ago. Don't tell him what races to pick and use lore because by lore, any race can be a dragonborn.
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#10The_Ivory_ManPosted 2/10/2013 10:39:47 AM
EvanW1109 posted...
Ghost_Saintt posted...

Orc for warrior

Wood elf for Archery

No, the Empire has all the races Nords, Altmer, Dunmer, Orcs... So it doesn't fit the story better for them...

TC Pick a Redguard
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature