What race should I play?

#11TheSaucePosted 2/10/2013 1:43:10 PM
On the contrary, I could argue that an Orc fits best in the imperial quest line, or anyone for that matter. And Same could be said for whoever wants to join the stormcloaks. Heck if ya think about it a high elf thalmor agent would be best to join the stormcloaks.

A high elf Thalmor agent would be completely out of place in the Stormcloak army lol. Most Nords in Skyrim don't even care for magic, or trust elves for that matter.

I do agree that it is completely up to the player though, as this is still a role playing game. It's not out of the question to create a backstory to make a magic wielding elf fit into a group of people who would otherwise prefer to not be in the company of such a character.
---
#12Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 2/10/2013 7:58:39 PM
TheSauce posted...
On the contrary, I could argue that an Orc fits best in the imperial quest line, or anyone for that matter. And Same could be said for whoever wants to join the stormcloaks. Heck if ya think about it a high elf thalmor agent would be best to join the stormcloaks.

A high elf Thalmor agent would be completely out of place in the Stormcloak army lol. Most Nords in Skyrim don't even care for magic, or trust elves for that matter.

I do agree that it is completely up to the player though, as this is still a role playing game. It's not out of the question to create a backstory to make a magic wielding elf fit into a group of people who would otherwise prefer to not be in the company of such a character.

A thalmor agent would join the stormcloaks to weaken the empire. By the end of thee civil war said agent would be so close in with the stormcloaks he'd have acces to upfront day and night.

No one has to know your a thalmor. Ever read the dossier on ulfric in the embassy? They want him to win so he can secede from the empire. That way they can destroy all humans with ease without them having combined armies.

Common sense ftw
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#13AigonrothPosted 2/10/2013 8:22:25 PM
Van_Of_The_Dawn posted...
TheSauce posted...

A thalmor agent would join the stormcloaks to weaken the empire. By the end of thee civil war said agent would be so close in with the stormcloaks he'd have acces to upfront day and night.

No one has to know your a thalmor. Ever read the dossier on ulfric in the embassy? They want him to win so he can secede from the empire. That way they can destroy all humans with ease without them having combined armies.

Common sense ftw

Did you read the Thalmor's Dossier on Ulfric because this is quite literally the last line of it: "A Stormcloak victory is also to be avoided, however, so even indirect aid to the Stormcloaks must be carefully managed."
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#14Ghost_SainttPosted 2/10/2013 8:30:10 PM
He asked for a opinion so i gave him one,if Beth intended for a cat,lizard,orc or elf to be Dragonborn then they wouldnt have set the game in Skyrim (where 90% of the population is Nord) and honestly if you sit down and read the lore behind Dovahkin then you will notice it mostly fits a Nord.Unless you took it from the septim blood line point of view then it would be Imperial. Also lets all take a moment to think on this A Lizard or Cat is going to save the land of Skyrim when they get treated like S*** by Nords? Or a High Elf is going to save Skyrim when they could care less bout humans? Or what about a Dark Elf who every Nord hates. And just maybe a Redguard would fit the lore too. And i got one last thing the Nords honor and respect Ysmir (the dragon of the NORTH) Whos from the NORTH? Nords...Point proven

P.S by lore i was talking bout how the races fit into the game but since you wanted to know my opinion on Dragonborn i gave it to you
#15Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 2/11/2013 6:03:50 PM
Ghost_Saintt posted...
He asked for a opinion so i gave him one,if Beth intended for a cat,lizard,orc or elf to be Dragonborn then they wouldnt have set the game in Skyrim (where 90% of the population is Nord) and honestly if you sit down and read the lore behind Dovahkin then you will notice it mostly fits a Nord.Unless you took it from the septim blood line point of view then it would be Imperial. Also lets all take a moment to think on this A Lizard or Cat is going to save the land of Skyrim when they get treated like S*** by Nords? Or a High Elf is going to save Skyrim when they could care less bout humans? Or what about a Dark Elf who every Nord hates. And just maybe a Redguard would fit the lore too. And i got one last thing the Nords honor and respect Ysmir (the dragon of the NORTH) Whos from the NORTH? Nords...Point proven

P.S by lore i was talking bout how the races fit into the game but since you wanted to know my opinion on Dragonborn i gave it to you

Your opinion ain't lore. Only thing about nords that's really special is that they have an innate ability to shout because Kyne gave it to them. Has nothing to do with akatosh or being a dragonborn. They gift of being dragonborn is shared through all races.

If Bethesda intended for a nord to be dragonborn they would've made no other races playable, and they also would've stated in the lore that only nords can be dragonborn. Obviously they have not so anything you say is moot.
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#16Flow_149Posted 2/11/2013 6:16:07 PM
There are several nords in the imperial army though(e.g. Rikka), so don't feel like you have to RP stormcloaks if you pick a nord though.
#17Flow_149Posted 2/11/2013 6:19:27 PM
I'd say pick whatever looks best.

or a khajiit. :P
Night Eye allows you to see in the dark right from the get go.
Looks good in any armor.
Very Huggable.