Why do my spells just tickle enemies, but theirs kill me in 3 hits? Magic sucks.

#11A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 2/10/2013 9:26:42 AM
Magic is awesome! when you're playing on easy....

You know I remember when I first started playing oblivion, the early magics were as weak as could be, and cost way more magica than they needed to. In fact, I rarely ever used my spells until I got spellcasting, when I did though, whole new worlds opened up, as suddenly spells that were actually useful became available.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#12Joe_CobbsPosted 2/10/2013 9:29:27 AM
Destruction magic is the only magic that I have a problem with. Relying on 0% MP and stunlock =/= fun to me. If they would just add a fortify destruction damage enchant I'd be happy.

And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine. Pepperjack please.
#13justaguyx2Posted 2/10/2013 9:33:42 AM
I don't get how your getting pummeled. My Mage hasn't used enchanting , I'm using vanillia skyrim gear, and I am crushing everything in my path. Are you Possably over leveling one skill to much making you week? With a Mage I am finding that if I bring the schools up together equally nothing stands a chance against me.

Playing my Mage on expert.
#14fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:34:07 AM
I'm talking about every magic playthrough I do until I get bored from the 1 dimensional gameplay.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#15fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:35:12 AM
I don't get how your getting pummeled. My Mage hasn't used enchanting , I'm using vanillia skyrim gear, and I am crushing everything in my path. Are you Possably over leveling one skill to much making you week? With a Mage I am finding that if I bring the schools up together equally nothing stands a chance against me.

Tell me more about how you play. Maybe I can pick a few tips up? I've had the game since launch lol. I just can't have much fun with it with magic.
---
#16justaguyx2Posted 2/10/2013 9:41:53 AM
fatclemenza posted...

Tell me more about how you play. Maybe I can pick a few tips up? I've had the game since launch lol. I just can't have much fun with it with magic.

Use a Argonian, have hithskin ready, and forget about being sneaky. Also pump points into Magica, and health at a 3-1 ratio. It's tough until you beat the Mage's college, but after that you become boss if you evenly level. Until this play through I had the same issue as you.
#17Evil_SandwichPosted 2/10/2013 9:54:02 AM
You do realise it's possible to summon two Storm Atronachs as soon as you leave Helgen right?

Collect 2 Brooms, 2 Void Salts, 2 Orichalcum Ingots/Ores, and 2 Greater/Grand Soul Gems(filled or empty doesn't matter)

Then get a follower and go straight to the College of Winterhold.

There you'll be able to use the Atronach Forge to create two Staves of Storm Atronach, one for you, the other for your follower.

Forging Staves of Storm Atronach DOES NOT require a Sigil Stone.

2 Brooms can be found right during the tutorial.

Void Salts can be found for free at the College of Winterhold and so can Greater/Grand Soul Gems.

Orichalcum ore and ingots can easily be found at Largushbur.
#18fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 11:13:30 AM
^good tip, thanks. What follower do you use? All of mine just love running in front of my spells.
---
#19RampagingwalrusPosted 2/10/2013 11:14:51 AM
fatclemenza posted...
^good tip, thanks. What follower do you use? All of mine just love running in front of my spells.

I would recommend a mage follower.
Marcurio is probably the best of the easy ones to acquire.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#20thermopylaePosted 2/10/2013 11:15:31 AM
fatclemenza posted...

think mjhol is invincible and that voice.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.