Dumb question but does "the oblivion crisis" take place in the Oblivion game?

#21atomicpopsiclePosted 2/10/2013 5:48:17 PM
You want max level stats? Pick 5 skills you don't plan on actually using and level the crap out of them for the first 20 hours. Yeah oblivion sucked
---
Please search topics for "blocking differently?" to address my skyrim issue. Google is no help :(
#22am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 2/10/2013 5:50:22 PM
atomicpopsicle posted...
You want max level stats? Pick 5 skills you don't plan on actually using and level the crap out of them for the first 20 hours. Yeah oblivion sucked

Exactly, and the fact that if you planned on doing any sort of melee, you HAD to work on Endurance first for the sake of more HP gains on level ups. Magicka capped at 200 for anyone not Breton (250) or Altmer (300, but 100% weak to spells).
#23The_Office_meh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:55:08 PM
But I've figured out, if you want to break Skyrim, you can and it won't be fun any more. The Ogmum Infinum comes to mind.
---
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7514/eyerus.jpg
#24DougymcPosted 2/10/2013 9:58:18 PM
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...
Magicka capped at 200 for anyone not Breton (250) or Altmer (300, but 100% weak to spells).

My Argonian had 250 before enchantments.
#25GriffRobertsPosted 2/10/2013 10:01:49 PM
If you can get past the uncanny valley character models, the leveling system, and the ridiculous level scaling, Oblivion is an amazing game. I'm running it on my laptop, so I've personally traded graphics quality for mods that address the scaling and leveling.

Still haven't found any mods that make Oblivion's NPCs look good. Better, yes, but not "good".
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#26JimmyFraskaPosted 2/10/2013 10:07:32 PM
If Oblivion were re-done Skyrim style all the way around, I'd be happy. Same skills, perks, graphics.. everything. Cyrodil would be more colorful by default due to not being set in the furthest north you can get in Tamriel and being more focused on forests than snowy mountains.

There is a team attempting to do this. It's called Skyblivion, although it's currently not getting much attention right now due to the same team also working on Skywind (the Morrowind conversion).
#27atomicpopsiclePosted 2/11/2013 12:58:51 AM
Morrowind 2!? :D
---
Please search topics for "blocking differently?" to address my skyrim issue. Google is no help :(
#28RebelElite791Posted 2/11/2013 1:05:00 AM
JimmyFraska posted...
If Oblivion were re-done Skyrim style all the way around, I'd be happy. Same skills, perks, graphics.. everything. Cyrodil would be more colorful by default due to not being set in the furthest north you can get in Tamriel and being more focused on forests than snowy mountains.

There is a team attempting to do this. It's called Skyblivion, although it's currently not getting much attention right now due to the same team also working on Skywind (the Morrowind conversion).

Holy god I need this. Morrowind conversions I don't like, but this....Do want.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.