Best non Hearthfire house for displaying loot?

#1SonOfAsandwormPosted 2/10/2013 9:20:40 AM
I'm making a new "treasure hunter" type character. Keep the best for themselves, sell the rest, that kind of thing.

What house would you say has the best balance of shelf room, display cases, and weapon mounts? Shelf room probably the most important.
#2EvanW1109Posted 2/10/2013 9:37:43 AM
Solitude has a lot of space, hence it being most expensive. It has multiple shelves on multiple floors, as well as an armor rack in the basement.

Markath also has a good amount of shelf space and weapon racks/mounts.

Those are the two best that I remember.
#3thermopylaePosted 2/10/2013 9:41:40 AM
think the windhelm one has 5 weapon racks and 3 mannequins.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.
#4VodkaMusclesV2Posted 2/10/2013 9:42:18 AM
Rosethorn Hall

Wait...
#5Mick65Posted 2/10/2013 9:45:35 AM
thermopylae posted...
think the windhelm one has 5 weapon racks and 3 mannequins.

This.

And if you have DrgBrn DLC, that house has a whole room full of plaques.
---
leg godt
#6masterpug53Posted 2/10/2013 10:31:44 AM
Vlindrel is the best overall if you're looking for open shelves, countertops and other surfaces upon which to manually place your loot.

Hjerim is the best if you're looking for game-provided methods (mannequins, cases, racks) for displaying weapons and armor. It has an overabundance of wasted space otherwise, but plenty of wide tabletops for setting up manual decorations.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#7SonOfAsandworm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:04:25 PM
masterpug53 posted...
Vlindrel is the best overall if you're looking for open shelves, countertops and other surfaces upon which to manually place your loot.

Hjerim is the best if you're looking for game-provided methods (mannequins, cases, racks) for displaying weapons and armor. It has an overabundance of wasted space otherwise, but plenty of wide tabletops for setting up manual decorations.

Can non dagger items be placed inside dagger display cases? I hate how bookcases wont' let you put non book items inside.
#8masterpug53Posted 2/10/2013 12:08:32 PM
SonOfAsandworm posted...
Can non dagger items be placed inside dagger display cases? I hate how bookcases wont' let you put non book items inside.

I'm currently playing unpatched, and they can't in my case. Not sure if the patch affects non-HF houses, but I think it does; pretty sure I managed to place a...um...severed head inside one of the cases (it didn't fit when the lid closed, obviously, but it did sink down into the thing).
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#9Mick65Posted 2/10/2013 12:10:55 PM
Some of the larger display cases in the hearth fire house vomit their contents. And some of the plaques do strange thing with weapons. I've come to avoid using them, or building them at all.
A waste really...
---
leg godt
#10SonOfAsandworm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:14:44 PM
Right now I'm leaning towards the markarth house.

I'm planning on displaying all the dragon claw keys, bugs in a jar, all the special thieves guild items (even though I hear they have problems), and the jewel paragons. Possibly a few other unique items. Also a few bowls, each filled with a different kind of flawless gem.

And arvak's skull.