Shadowmere and mounted combat!

#1midnyghtsson265Posted 2/10/2013 9:42:32 AM
So a quick backstory...I had this upon release, Loved it, played 200+ hours on one character and stopped playing for about a full year. After I return and start a new character, a much better one with more knowledge of the perks...I notice killcams and I kinda like them, especially a good bow shot. I never noticed mounted combat because I have not rode a horse more than 5 mins in my whole time playing. I also had never got shadowmere.

So in this new playthrough, 80 hours in, I finally get the horse...which was cool as hell how they present him by the way...and I notice this mounted combat from the horse. It is amazing! I wasn't in the forums during my hiatus so I knew nothing about it! I am shooting moving deer as i'm running on shadowmeres back and I realize....I may never fast travel again! It's not perfect but it is fun as hell to me and it just raised Skyrim into my top 5 favorite games.

I feel like with the addition of horseback fighting, this game finally is good enough to trump Oblivion IMO.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#2EvanW1109Posted 2/10/2013 9:46:12 AM
I haven't really dabbled in the mounted combat too much. Maybe I will start

Can you answer the questions for me? Or can anyone?

How does this affect followers?
Can you loot from horseback?
#3Mick65Posted 2/10/2013 9:53:15 AM
Cannot interact with anything while on horseback. Conversations started by others are ok though. No shouts, no spell casting, no staffs. Followers run like he'll to try and keep up, but will not get irrevocably lost this way.
---
leg godt
#4midnyghtsson265(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:18:19 AM
I tend to not use followers much right now, Mjoll kills too much stuff and hurts my leveling and shes my fav follower. The loot thing like Mick said is not possible.

I did just learn that you can swing to the left OR right side now with the other trigger button. That removes one gripe I had....:)
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#5Mick65Posted 2/10/2013 10:24:00 AM
Holding for a power attack also helps you time drive by charges as well.
steady hand is a great perk if you want to feel like a mongol warrior.
---
leg godt
#6VincentVega13Posted 2/10/2013 10:32:00 AM
Didn't know you could arch at stuff on horseback, that's kinda cool.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.