The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This game is way better than Morrowind and Oblivion stay mad...

#1MixorzPosted 2/10/2013 12:22:50 PM
Too many nostalgia goggles. Yes they've taken some things out, but the game is 1000X more playable than Morrowind. Better loot system, better enemies, more freedom of exploration, etc. just better. tES has a bright future indeed.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#2agentspoonPosted 2/10/2013 12:27:40 PM
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#3Fade_ChokesPosted 2/10/2013 12:28:48 PM
The loot system sucks.
---
The Chief: "...you are also getting a new partner"
Blasto: "Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this one?"
#4darkportal785Posted 2/10/2013 12:30:16 PM
Skyrim is crap compared to TES: Fallout 2.

It's an indisputable fact.
---
Who's eyes are those eyes?
#5turn_basedPosted 2/10/2013 12:32:21 PM
What's the 'etc.' in your opening statement? Just curious.
---
Redguards Rule!
#6lordofchaos17Posted 2/10/2013 12:33:18 PM
Opinions are a wonderful thing.
---
So says the High Necromancer of the Slaughterfish!
#7SavagegattsPosted 2/10/2013 12:33:52 PM
of corse man its updated but some people retro game man for example I just bought legacy of kain:blood omen/soulreaver and I still love it they both play like glorified zelda games never gets old I mean after a while you can always return to old good games some never age like mario brothers they still use side scrolling in a lot of games you know so those graphics don't age and is still fun to most people it matters on the story and mechanics of the game if its good it stays good but in morrowinds case it was just a steping stone of what was to come
#8RebelElite791Posted 2/10/2013 12:34:37 PM
Savagegatts posted...
of corse man its updated but some people retro game man for example I just bought legacy of kain:blood omen/soulreaver and I still love it they both play like glorified zelda games never gets old I mean after a while you can always return to old good games some never age like mario brothers they still use side scrolling in a lot of games you know so those graphics don't age and is still fun to most people it matters on the story and mechanics of the game if its good it stays good but in morrowinds case it was just a steping stone of what was to come

Literally feeding Mixorz
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#9agentspoonPosted 2/10/2013 12:39:53 PM

Its short for Etcetera which is Latin for "And so forth"
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#10Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:44:17 PM
turn_based posted...

There are only literally 2 (two) things Morrowind did better. That was conflicting guilds and more dialogue.

The combat system is miles ahead. Taking out athletics makes the game better and exploration actually enjoyable.

The mission system is better than Morrowinds cluster **** of a journal.

Create a spell is basically a built in glitch and exploit. Alchemy in Skyrim makes Destruction more than formidable.

Hand placed loot is stupid as I can get an overpowered weapon in Morrowind at level 5 and breeze through the next 20 hours.

Leveled areas limit exploration and make the game linear. I can't go here because I'm too low of a level. Oops I came to this spot late and all the enemies and loot are 10 levels lower than me.

People who don't realize this are blinded by nostalgia. There is o counter argument. I know I won early but some wrong kid who probably played Morrowind for three hours is going to try to say I'm wrong.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz