This game is way better than Morrowind and Oblivion stay mad...

#31JohnRyan1228Posted 2/10/2013 2:31:07 PM
The loot system is certainly not better. But yes, overall skyrim is leaps and bounds better than oblivion, and better than morrowind 2, but not by as much.

All of that imo.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#32gunsndrosesPosted 2/10/2013 2:32:20 PM
Mixorz posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Mixorz posted...
MC2011 posted...
Yet it's still not as good as Daggerfall.

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim will always be the casual TES games.

Nope, Daggerfall was crap that is unplayable today.

And here I was, agreeing with mostly everything you had said... up until this...

Come on man... Daggerfall was amazing.

For its time, maybe, but it aged horribly. Kind of like Goldeneye, yeah for it's time it was special but if you try to play it now its just a big mess.

On the contrary. I actively play Daggerfall via Boxer on OSX. Think I have something like 100+ hours since mid-December. The beginning is brutally hard, but once you get past that speed bump the game is amazing.
---
In all this light, all I feel is dark
#33Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/10/2013 2:36:59 PM
Mixorz posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Mixorz posted...
thermopylae posted...
thing about morrowind is back then we couldnt see the flaws because it was all we had on console.

Not really, you must be a young kid because a lot of people moaned about its faults. Those of us who continued to play tolerated the faults, but we were aware they existed.

see you belittle and call him a kid but the way you talk makes me feel you're a bit of a hypocrit

Sorry but when someone makes a statement like that I can't help but assume he's a kid, kid.

boy no arguing with your logic
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#34Fade_ChokesPosted 2/10/2013 2:50:13 PM
Mixorz posted...
yodaddyninja posted...
Mixorz posted...
yodaddyninja posted...
The loot system is terrible

Compared to what? Hand placed loot ala Morrowind making the game linear? Or leveled bad guys that walk around in deadric or glass armor like Oblivion. Yup lotos really hard to get. Just fight the first bad guy in a dungeon.

In 200 hours of playing or so, I found literally one piece of armor that was worth wearing. You either get everything from quest or from smithing, it renders loot obsolete. I never find deadric arrows or anything that is actually useful.

Also what's the deal with hand placed loot? It worked great in the Fallout games. I don't see the issue with unique weapons scattered among the map that you can find. A lot of people actually complained about the lack of this in Skyrim.

There's hand placed loot here too. The right amount.

Smithing is kind of broken, but at the same time if I grind out countless hours smithing all kinds of daggers, gold necklaces, etc i should be rewarded. You can become an uber Mage, warrior, assassin, why not a smith?

Wrong.
---
The Chief: "...you are also getting a new partner"
Blasto: "Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this one?"
#35ShockWav3Posted 2/10/2013 2:53:03 PM
The loot is awful, just plain awful. 250 gold, two amethysts and a flawed emerald in every dungeon. Gee I wonder why I'm not overjoyed to even bother looking at this cave....
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox
#36MorvoniPosted 2/10/2013 2:55:31 PM
Mixorz posted...
Morvoni posted...
Mixorz posted...
Too many nostalgia goggles. Yes they've taken some things out, but the game is 1000X more playable than Morrowind. Better loot system, better enemies, more freedom of exploration, etc. just better. tES has a bright future indeed.

This is coming to you, straight from the horses mouf. Everyone Sing! "I am Mister Ed"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PZPpWTRTU

Lol kid is so mad. Denial setting in hard for you I see. I didn't even watch the video to get you even madder.

Naw, not in denial bro. Simply stating that you believe what you believe to be fact, when it is opinion.

I could state my opinion, but where would it lead...nowhere.

You lack wisdom son, and are little more than a troll if you can't see the reason why.
---
Troll: A Cheeky,Tough-Talking Internerd; utilizing disruptive antics to fuel its Anti-Social Dysfunctionalism. On Internerd Bravery-Anon
#37Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:05:55 PM
Morvoni posted...
Mixorz posted...
Morvoni posted...
Mixorz posted...
Too many nostalgia goggles. Yes they've taken some things out, but the game is 1000X more playable than Morrowind. Better loot system, better enemies, more freedom of exploration, etc. just better. tES has a bright future indeed.

This is coming to you, straight from the horses mouf. Everyone Sing! "I am Mister Ed"...

Lol kid is so mad. Denial setting in hard for you I see. I didn't even watch the video to get you even madder.

Naw, not in denial bro. Simply stating that you believe what you believe to be fact, when it is opinion.

You lack wisdom son, and are little more than a troll if you can't see the reason why.

Aww...mad because no one watched the wittle video you thought was so funny. Lol stay mad kid.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#38MorvoniPosted 2/10/2013 3:15:04 PM
Mixorz posted...
Morvoni posted...
Mixorz posted...
Morvoni posted...
Mixorz posted...

Aww...mad because no one watched the wittle video you thought was so funny. Lol stay mad kid.

Keep feeding troll. All my posts are simple quips while I play the game, no emotion involved. I can feed you this slop all day, well until your weak trollish topic gets shut down that is.
---
Troll: A Cheeky,Tough-Talking Internerd; utilizing disruptive antics to fuel its Anti-Social Dysfunctionalism. On Internerd Bravery-Anon
#39Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:17:36 PM
Gfaqs should eliminate all quotes except the last when trying to continue a conversation that has too many quotes. I wrote something brilliant but am not writing it again now.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#40X ProwLPosted 2/10/2013 3:19:18 PM
Personally i believe Oblivion was the best TES game.

Other than the awful scaling the game did, Everything else was great.
Most quests are enjoyable (enjoyable daedric quests? no way!)
The scenery was fantastic.
Plenty of cool easter eggs.
Oblivion gates were mostly optional, Unlike dragon fights.
Armor design + Weapon design was good.
Inventory system was good.
Magic system was -fantastic-.
Combat was enjoyable.

I'm sure i'm missing a bunch of minor things here and there but minus the awful scaling i believe Oblivion to be the perfect amount of customization without becoming overpowered.

The reason Morrowind and Skyrim seem great until level 30 (20 in Morrowind) is because your character is reasonably balanced within the game. One your character passes these milestones the game becomes much easier because of the crafting systems.

Ask yourself this, Did you enjoy Morrowind more or less when you discovered the ability to enchant your gear to near OP levels? How long did this period last?

The same question can be asked of Skyrim but include smithing as an option.

Oblivions enchanting system forced you to actually work for an enchantment, A random one at that. Obviously power gamers hated this and the TES community is full of power gamers.

We don't need to mention alchemy as it's been broken in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. I believe Morrowind still has the most broken alchemy system of the three (including the resto glitch in Skyrim).

Hand placed loot is always excellent for your game but having no random factor completely ruins replay value in terms of loot. We always know where to find the DDK, Daedric armor, White blade of woe etc. etc.

Morrowind was fantastic for most people because it was so different from what most people were used to playing, Less so for people who experienced Daggerfall. Morrowind being the first console TES is the reason the TES community is so large in the first place, It was a very smart move to put it on console.

Different only lasts once, It's like driving a car or shooting a gun for the first time.

Oblivion improved on nearly every aspect of Morrowind at the cost of customization.
Skyrim improved on nearly every aspect of Oblivion at the cost of quest quality.

I'm sure the Next TES will follow and improve on every aspect of Skyrim at the cost of customization.

I can never go back and play Morrowind, Daggerfall or Oblivion again. Each TES game sets a new standard that i cannot give up.

This is also another reason why Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas have the fallout community in a split. The jump from 3 to NV was nearly nonexistent, It essentially felt like the same title different environment. This isn't what people were expecting of a Beth series (Fallout 3 onward). Ofcourse the casual community didn't realize that Beth had almost nothing to do with FO:NV but the point still stands.

You'd be a fool to suggest that Skyrim isn't the most refined TES game in the series, But everyone is entitled their opinion on which is their favorite title.
---
Gamefaqs, The only place where a Single post can get moderated, Overturned and then RE-Moderated. Pathetic.