Disappearing completed quests

#1MiHermanoPosted 2/10/2013 6:42:39 PM
I like to keep track of the quests I've completed and are currently working on. I have run into a glitch a few times where quests will disappear from my lists. The most recent example, I had 65 completed quests listed, then, playing today, that number dropped to 62. The worst time was when quests that I was currently working on disappeared from the list, so I had no idea which I needed to complete (luckily I had a save that still had the quests listed). Can anyone else verify this annoying glitch?
#2EvanW1109Posted 2/10/2013 7:50:34 PM
I haven't seen that happen myself. I don't track completed quests though. I know I have never seen current quests drop from the lists.

Good thing for saving often.
#3MiHermano(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:49:33 PM
The worst part about it was, it was the main story line quest that disappeared from the list of current quests.
#4MiHermano(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 7:49:56 AM
A repeatable glitch has my first completed quest (unbound) being removed from the completed list when fast traveling after I start the quest to become thane in Falkreath.
#5RampagingwalrusPosted 2/11/2013 7:51:30 AM
Never heard of actual quests disappearing.
However, the count for completed quests will change, as you do (raise) or abandon (lower) quests.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#6MiHermano(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:07:17 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Never heard of actual quests disappearing.
However, the count for completed quests will change, as you do (raise) or abandon (lower) quests.

It was weird when my active quest list had items removed. I knew the NPC I needed to speak to for the quest, and when I spoke to them, the quest dialog was all there, and, when the next task of the quest was given by the NPC, the quest returned to my active quest list. I still chose to restart a previous save as several other quests went missing too. Haven't had THAT happen again, now it's just a problem with the completed list being altered. Haven't looked at the game stats which show the number of completed quests, but will keep an eye on those too.
#7TheBeastWithinPosted 2/11/2013 8:52:44 AM
I think you are the only person in the world who apparently cares about this, TC.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#8MiHermano(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:22:28 AM
TheBeastWithin posted...
I think you are the only person in the world who apparently cares about this, TC.

I care that the game I am playing is working properly. If I identify a problem, I want to either 1 - find a way to fix it, or 2 - at least be aware that it is not a unique issue. I don't think I am the only one.