Who is corrrect to side with: the Stormcloaks or the Imperials? *spoilers*

#1Itachi62Posted 2/10/2013 10:28:44 PM
I don't really like either but I can't become High King myself for some reason, maybe it's some lore reason but lore doesn't matter and gameplay is more important. Ulfric is a Thalmor puppet and the Imperials want to give Skyrim to foreigners. Why can't I give Skyrim to the Nords and rid it of the Thalmor at the same time? Who is correct to side with?
#2zeroboboPosted 2/10/2013 10:29:57 PM
Ulfric is not a thalmor puppet. you are misinformed.

there is no right side.

to put it short. which do you value more? freedom or security.

empire = security
stormcloaks = freedom.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#3Itachi62(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:33:18 PM(edited)
The dossier on him confirmed it. I also read it on UESP which is a reliable source for lore.
#4lordofchaos17Posted 2/10/2013 10:34:23 PM
The only right side is the Argonians.
---
So says the High Necromancer of the Slaughterfish!
#5RebelElite791Posted 2/10/2013 10:35:40 PM
See, you're not a subtle enough troll.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#6zeroboboPosted 2/10/2013 10:38:00 PM
Itachi62 posted...
The dossier on him confirmed it. I also read it on UESP which is a reliable source for lore.

the dossier said they considered him an asset. much like the CIA considers hostile terrorist leaders an asset if it can lead them to bigger terrorists leaders without their knowledge.

he is in no way working for or cooperating with the thalmor.

he's considered an asset by the thalmor because he started a civil war in skyrim keeping the empire busy, which benefits the thalmor so they want to prolong the civil war so the empire and skyrim wastes resources.

Ulfric hates the thalmor more than pretty much anyone lol
---
#7RebelElite791Posted 2/10/2013 10:38:44 PM
zerobobo posted...
Itachi62 posted...

the dossier said they considered him an asset. much like the CIA considers hostile terrorist leaders an asset if it can lead them to bigger terrorists leaders without their knowledge.

he's considered an asset by the thalmor because he started a civil war in skyrim keeping the empire busy, which benefits the thalmor so they want to prolong the civil war so the empire and skyrim wastes resources.

Ulfric hates the thalmor more than pretty much anyone lol

Judging by the second sentence of his that you quoted, I'm 99.9999999% sure he's a-trollin yo
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#8Itachi62(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:40:38 PM

They killed the dark elves, the best race, and I don't approve of their imperialism.

I'm not a troll and people throw that term around too much these days. If anything, you are trolling for dismissing anything I say without explaining.

Ulfric isn't as bad as the CIA is he? Is there going to be a Project MKULTRA done on Skyrim's Nordic population?

Everyone uses that as a big point in arguments against him. I'm not sure.
#9zeroboboPosted 2/10/2013 10:42:20 PM
Itachi62 posted...

They killed the dark elves, the best race, and I don't approve of their imperialism.

I'm not a troll and people throw that term around too much these days. If anything, you are trolling for dismissing anything I say without explaining.

Ulfric isn't as bad as the CIA is he? Is there going to be a Project MKULTRA done on Skyrim's Nordic population?

Everyone uses that as a big point in arguments against him. I'm not sure.

because stupid people read "asset' and go "OMG OMG OMG" without knowing what asset means.

much like calling todd howard a jingoist without knowing what it means.
---
#10LordTalynPosted 2/10/2013 10:44:19 PM
Which post civil war loot, do you like the best?
If you cannot decide, use this as your tie-breaker.

Whichever side you truly believe in, will always be the right side, because in the end..
It will probably not matter who won the civil war. In a future game, the civil war will either be mentioned as the Dragonborn ended the civil war (not specifying a side) or it will be completely overshadowed by the slaying Alduin.
---
Playing: Skyrim, WWE '13, Mass Effect, Dragon's Dogma, Game of Thrones, Halo 4, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age.
Waiting for: Dragon Age 3, Pokemon X/Y