elswyer lore help

#1sakatuyaPosted 2/11/2013 5:05:04 PM
I'm making a new character and I would greatly appreciate any help on elswyer lore. I'm making a female kahjiit, Ohnya. Basically she's a runaway slave from elswyer and I've created a backstory for her and pretty much, and I know this is usually a no-no with lore..but I've kind of written my own. The subject being slavery in elswyer and I can't really find anything lore wise saying it was ever present there. I know kahjiit have been captured in the past but has slavery ever been present and then abolished? Again thanks for any help.
---
thrill me.
#2GriffRobertsPosted 2/11/2013 5:07:24 PM
Not in Elsweyr, to my knowledge, but Dunmer have been known to enslave Khajiit and Argonians. I don't know if that stayed after Red Mountain blew up, though.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#3NicodaemosPosted 2/11/2013 5:12:09 PM
Slavery in Elsweyr? Never heard of it. And slavery in Morrowind was abolished some time before the events of Oblivion, so I don't think it's been legal for a very long time.

You could always make up some underground criminal element, like human (and/or non-human) trafficking, I suppose.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#4sakatuya(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:59:08 PM
Thanks guys. Like I said I'm writing my own lore so to speak involving the thalmor bringing back the two moons masser and secunda and somewhat of a debt the kahjiit owe them. Pretty much the thalmor establish themselves after re establishing the two citys of Anequinta and Pelletine Its pretty lengthy but what else am I supposed to do at work?lol
Anyways thanks for your input.
---
thrill me.
#5Mushroom87Posted 2/11/2013 6:27:40 PM
sakatuya posted...
Thanks guys. Like I said I'm writing my own lore so to speak involving the thalmor bringing back the two moons masser and secunda and somewhat of a debt the kahjiit owe them. Pretty much the thalmor establish themselves after re establishing the two citys of Anequinta and Pelletine Its pretty lengthy but what else am I supposed to do at work?lol

work perhaps?
---
I do still pull it out occassionally to show it off for guests.- ATARIJAWA
#6sakatuya(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:59:00 PM
Mushroom87 posted...
sakatuya posted...

work perhaps?

I say nay. Besides tiz was a slow day.
---
thrill me.