I went back to Oblivion to start a new character.....

#11demonwyrmPosted 2/11/2013 8:43:59 PM
Last week I was thinking about re-purchasing Oblivion. I watched a few videos just to get myself back into it. I even looked it up on Amazon and found some nice used copies for around $15. Then I decided that it was just wishful thinking and that after I finally installed it started playing that I'd actually regret buying it, so I gave up. After reading some of the posts here, I find myself reconsidering. There was some sort of quaint charm that Oblivion had that something so massive as Skyrim doesn't have. Oblivion had more of a fantasy feel whereas Skyrim has more of a harsh, dark feel. $15 isn't anything and I did just get paid today...
---
Keeping my fingers crossed for the return of the Supersonics...
#12silverhunter16Posted 2/12/2013 12:57:28 AM
There was a few thing I liked about Oblivion more than Skyrim.
For starters, every quest-line was better implicated in Oblivion than in Skyrim. (Skyrim quest-lines felt rushed.)
There was a larger variety of enemies. (Much of Skyrim's enemies were just beefed up reincarnations of the same model.)
The world was bigger and had more exploring. (I don't think I ever found every single location in Oblivion as apposed to Skyrim.)
That said, Oblivion's level system was annoying, but if you were patient it was manageable.
Also, spells did look exactly the same from one another and combat was bland.
Looting in Oblivion was also too easy with every enemy getting daedric or glass armors after a while. (Least the unique loot was actually useable though; most of Skyrim's unique loot was overshadowed by enchanting)
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"