fastest way to level destruction?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. fastest way to level destruction?

User Info: JohnRyan1228

JohnRyan1228
3 years ago#1
Without shadowmere?

Follow up question: if say for example I paralyze a bear, killing him (or her, because I'm politically correct) with which spell would level up destruction the most:

Flames
Firebolt
Fireball
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.

User Info: Mick65

Mick65
3 years ago#2
Destruction levels based off of the Base magic cost of the spell.

Honestly, I just use destruction and it levels on it's own. I suppose you could cast frost spells against a resistant enemy, and sprinkle in some heal other to make it last.
JAFO

User Info: darkportal785

darkportal785
3 years ago#3
I went from 70 to 100 in under 6 hours with Wall of Flames.

Didn't even feel like grinding, which I was doing with Fireball beforehand.
El. Psy. Congroo.

User Info: Rampagingwalrus

Rampagingwalrus
3 years ago#4
Use Runes until you can use Wall or Cloak.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

User Info: GBALoser

GBALoser
3 years ago#5
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Use Runes until you can use Wall or Cloak.

This. Runes are cheaper mana cost but do the same damage and pretty much instacast. Miss with a Rune? Who cares, their buddy right behind them will trigger it and still nail both of them.
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman

User Info: theonyxphoenix

theonyxphoenix
3 years ago#6
Since you can use the Black Book ability to eliminate magicka cost and level up Alteration by casting Detect Life/Telekinesis...can you use a continuous magic effect like novice spells or wall spells on enemies to level Destruction? Simul-casting infinite dual wall of flames. :)
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy

User Info: Gray_wolf1119

Gray_wolf1119
3 years ago#7
theonyxphoenix posted...
Since you can use the Black Book ability to eliminate magicka cost and level up Alteration by casting Detect Life/Telekinesis...can you use a continuous magic effect like novice spells or wall spells on enemies to level Destruction? Simul-casting infinite dual wall of flames. :)

Youd need a valid target but yeah.
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org

theonyxphoenix
3 years ago#8
You could simul-cast Healing Hands (heals 10 pts) and Flames (8 damage) on a target that won't turn hostile and level both Restoration and Destruction at once.
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy

User Info: JohnRyan1228

JohnRyan1228
3 years ago#9
theonyxphoenix posted...
You could simul-cast Healing Hands (heals 10 pts) and Flames (8 damage) on a target that won't turn hostile and level both Restoration and Destruction at once.

What target would u recommend besides shadowmere though
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.

theonyxphoenix
3 years ago#10
Aela in the underforge while she is in werewolf form will allow you to beat on her and not become hostile.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. fastest way to level destruction?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived