I feel more at home in Solstheim

#1robitussin217Posted 2/13/2013 9:27:46 AM(edited)
I care not for Skyrim's troubles any longer. Forget the backward Stormcloaks or the toxic imperials. The people of Solstheim rock. They're literally refined by fire. I'll take the Skaal over any "true Nord," the dedicated of Raven Rock over the wimps of the gray quarter, and my wild wolf brethren over the snooty companions...I miss Aela, tho.
#2MythrenderPosted 2/13/2013 10:17:41 AM
I know the feeling. I often have trouble leaving Solstheim. Even though I know there are plenty of uncompleted quests or unexplored caverns awaiting in Skyrim. It just feels bland compared to Solstheim.
---
GT: Nickguy
#3zane0144Posted 2/13/2013 10:24:50 AM
Solsteim > Skyrim

I looked forward to every quest I could get there. And I never even played Morrowind so I know it's not nostalgia
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#4robitussin217(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:43:28 AM
It's a fascinating little corner of the game. I don't know what it is but despite being a total douche, I like Neloth and his shroomtown.
#5silverhunter16Posted 2/13/2013 10:48:16 AM
I just wish it was bigger and had more quests. I explored it all already and while I like it more than Skyrim there isn't much there.
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"
#6SoulOfFaythPosted 2/13/2013 10:55:36 AM(edited)
Yes. Solstheim is awesome. The northern part and especially Skaal village is just so damn atmospheric. I don't know if anyone noticed but you actually hear whales singing when you're around there. Raven Rock is cool too but I like the wastelandish nature if the southern part less. Still, it's all good. I've never been interested in marrying but I think my Dragonborn might just settle down, marry Morwen and move to Skaal village now that he's saved the world yet again. They're the greatest faction I ever encountered.
Ah yes, and of course Tel mithryn. Small but one of the most fascinating 'villages' I ever saw too. But I'm always happy when (giant) mushrooms are involved.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#7Laughing_CatPosted 2/13/2013 12:12:27 PM
I have a Dig Bick.
---
I pity the fool.
#8shannonzboiiPosted 2/13/2013 12:17:48 PM
Laughing_Cat posted...
I have a Dig Bick.

I'm ashamed to say I misread this.....good game sir good game...
#9ilapostaPosted 2/13/2013 12:51:01 PM
robitussin217 posted...
I care not for Skyrim's troubles any longer. Forget the backward Stormcloaks or the toxic imperials. The people of Solstheim rock. They're literally refined by fire. I'll take the Skaal over any "true Nord," the dedicated of Raven Rock over the wimps of the gray quarter, and my wild wolf brethren over the snooty companions...I miss Aela, tho.

Marry her and move her there. She becomes a watered down version of herself and gives up everything about her that makes her even remotely interesting but she is good eye candy.
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#10elaukaPosted 2/13/2013 12:52:32 PM
you know, i havent felt that until you said it, but i feel more connected to solstheim too
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)