I feel more at home in Solstheim

#11nathraxhPosted 2/13/2013 1:03:11 PM
I've only been to Solstheim once. I got assigned a radiant quest for the Volkihar to kill a guy in Raven Rock. I immediately left as soon as I'd finished. The whole experienced inspired me to buy Morrowind and stay away from Solstheim until I'd completed it.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#12metroidman92Posted 2/13/2013 2:03:02 PM
I'm really liking how your character and Mallory hit it off of you're in the Guild. That's my homie, right there.
---
Carry we who die in battle over land and sea
across the rainbow bridge, to Valhalla! Odin's waiting for me!
#13robitussin217(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:37:35 PM
nathraxh posted...
I've only been to Solstheim once. I got assigned a radiant quest for the Volkihar to kill a guy in Raven Rock. I immediately left as soon as I'd finished. The whole experienced inspired me to buy Morrowind and stay away from Solstheim until I'd completed it.

Haha, that's dedication. I hope Solstheim is satisfying enough after all of that.
#14furbinatePosted 2/21/2013 9:22:30 PM
well,bought the dlc today,and finally figured out the way to solstheim. only a half hour in(doing no quests) i must say i LOVE it. parts of the island are breathtaking (tel mythrin for example) and the new creatures (like the netch) have a raw beauty to them. though there is something a bit "oppressive" (would that be the right word?) about the sky(?) that at first made it a bit depressing. though as i discovered tel mythrin i immediately ignored the sky and focused on the land. once again i say:breathtaking. this is an amazing land that im eager to explore further. i feel more at home here,it seems
#15res_black_deathPosted 2/21/2013 9:33:41 PM
ilaposta posted...
robitussin217 posted...
I care not for Skyrim's troubles any longer. Forget the backward Stormcloaks or the toxic imperials. The people of Solstheim rock. They're literally refined by fire. I'll take the Skaal over any "true Nord," the dedicated of Raven Rock over the wimps of the gray quarter, and my wild wolf brethren over the snooty companions...I miss Aela, tho.

Marry her and move her there. She becomes a watered down version of herself and gives up everything about her that makes her even remotely interesting but she is good eye candy.

Perhaps not, I'm sure that she would enjoy hunting with the local pack.
#16HoonDingPosted 2/21/2013 9:43:21 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed but you actually hear whales singing when you're around there.

Are you sure you're not hearing the Silt Strider call?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQLtMaJLvs
#17RufusNKenRSTierPosted 2/21/2013 9:47:34 PM
ilaposta posted...
Marry her and move her there. She becomes a watered down version of herself and gives up everything about her that makes her even remotely interesting but she is good eye candy.

Aside from that last part, that's pretty much what marriage is like IRL. Gold star, Bethesda!
---
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#18THAASSASSINPosted 2/21/2013 10:50:55 PM
I have a dark elf so it feels like he belongs there and i like the ashy waste lands in might be oppresive but i like it
---
A "Kid named Cudi"
#19h0b0jo3Posted 2/21/2013 11:22:18 PM
It's a fascinating little corner of the game. I don't know what it is but despite being a total douche, I like Neloth and his shroomtown.

Neloth single handedly made the DLC worth buying, never mind all the other awesome things in it.

I'd pay $20 for a DLC that let me have Neloth as a follower just so I could hear him make witty/sarcastic remarks all the time.
---
"That's a shame. You just stepped... on a non-negotiable, big-ass ****ing landmine" ~ Revy
GT: Twinkie Tiitz