So Skyrim console fans.... what will it be for next gen? xbox or playstation.

#11JINJ0Posted 2/13/2013 9:49:36 PM
tDarkNinjat posted...
Xbox if I have to go console. But I am getting into PC gaming, so I don't plan on getting it for console at all.

I am also getting more and more into PC gaming since the Steam summer sale a few months ago. It also helps that I completely disagree with the hard line stance they're adopting against used gaming and requiring a constant Internet connection to play anything. As far as I'm concerned, the next generation consoles deserve what's coming to them.
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#12darkportal785Posted 2/13/2013 9:53:21 PM
Hopefully PeeShee.

So I can leave you guys behind.

Cuz you guys don't dance and if you don't dance, then you're no friends of mine.
---
"I am the Princess of Night, 'tis my duty to come into your dreams."
#13atomicpopsiclePosted 2/13/2013 10:05:49 PM
I'm getting to that age where I won't be buying anymore console. I will be building a pc soon but it's been 10 years since I've done that and I am honestly and completely lost with the new tech. I will still wire up an Xbox controller though for my tes. I just can't get down with the carpal tunnel gamers lol
---
Please search topics for "blocking differently?" to address my skyrim issue. Google is no help :(
#14Joe_CobbsPosted 2/13/2013 10:08:23 PM
Planning on PC for next gen. But if I do end up getting one it will probably be the xbox.
#15ben_foxPosted 2/13/2013 10:30:42 PM
JINJ0 posted...
tDarkNinjat posted...
Xbox if I have to go console. But I am getting into PC gaming, so I don't plan on getting it for console at all.

I am also getting more and more into PC gaming since the Steam summer sale a few months ago. It also helps that I completely disagree with the hard line stance they're adopting against used gaming and requiring a constant Internet connection to play anything. As far as I'm concerned, the next generation consoles deserve what's coming to them.

So you're down with PC gaming -- where draconian DRM schemes like 'required always-on Internet connection' originated -- and Steam -- which goes even further than next-gen consoles in regards to used games by doing away with "used game" as a concept -- but upset with the console makers for those exact same things?
#16JINJ0Posted 2/13/2013 10:56:20 PM
ben_fox posted...
JINJ0 posted...
tDarkNinjat posted...

So you're down with PC gaming -- where draconian DRM schemes like 'required always-on Internet connection' originated -- and Steam -- which goes even further than next-gen consoles in regards to used games by doing away with "used game" as a concept -- but upset with the console makers for those exact same things?

A few things:

I am allowed to be a hypocrite. I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. :p

Also, to prevent an even bigger wall of text than this is already going to be , I'll just put it like this: Steam is acceptable to me because it's affordable, as is used gaming. I am not made of money, and I don't personally know anyone who is. The idea of spending 60$ or more on one game that may not even be worth the meager content provided is unacceptable to me.

If console makers want to increase profits, they should promote higher quality content per dollar and lower the asking price for new releases. Maybe then they wouldn't have to worry about people pirating or buying used games as much. I can't imagine that happening, though, so I'll keep on my high horse with my hypocrisy and my happiness and my sweet gaming rig that took some saving up for but is so, so worth it.

They can take their ill conceived policies and shove 'em in the end user license agreement where the sun don't shine.
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#17RebelElite791Posted 2/14/2013 12:42:06 AM
darkportal785 posted...
Hopefully PeeShee.

So I can leave you guys behind.

Cuz you guys don't dance and if you don't dance, then you're no friends of mine.

Welp now that's not going to leave my head anytime soon!
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#18Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/14/2013 12:46:00 AM
the only PS3 exclusive that I've ever wanted is "The Last of Us" and it isn't even out yet....
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#19RebelElite791Posted 2/14/2013 12:50:54 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
the only PS3 exclusive that I've ever wanted is "The Last of Us" and it isn't even out yet....

Mmmm, yes, day 1 purchase. Naughty Dog meets TWD? Yes please.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#20dodgefan91Posted 2/14/2013 1:59:00 AM
Depending on how many of the next gen rumors turn out to be true, I'll be building a gaming PC. I've always been more of a console gamer. But I don't feel like buying another $400 wheel for my racing games when I could just build a PC, use my old wheel, and have a whole new list of games to play for the same price (as another console + wheel).
---
GT: JKGrizzle
http://i.minus.com/iEZjmLbjP7PuX.gif