100% Spell Absorption doesn't block Ebony Warrior's Damage Reflect.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. 100% Spell Absorption doesn't block Ebony Warrior's Damage Reflect.

User Info: Evil_Sandwich

Evil_Sandwich
3 years ago#1
Just fought the Ebony Warrior for the first time a few minutes ago with my level 81 Vampire chick who had 100% Spell Absorption on Master Difficulty and I noticed that sometimes my character would take ridculous damage when I hit him with my 500 damage Daedric one-hand sword.

He never actually hit me though cuz I kept interrupting his attacks with shield bashes.

I had to use 3 or 4 Ultimate healing potions and didn't dare power attack for fear of one-shotting myself.

I also reloaded a few times to experiment with different ways to kill him.

I managed to one-shot him with my 290 damage Daedric dagger and 2 shot him with my 700+ damage Daedric bow.

Never got killed by him though, he's basically the same as any other NPC.

User Info: am0ngth3c1ouds

am0ngth3c1ouds
3 years ago#2
Using gear that you obviously used all three crafting skills to make to beat things isn't impressive. Everyone knows you can do that and beat anything. I thought that novelty wore off a month or two after the game was released?

Evil_Sandwich
3 years ago#3
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...
Using gear that you obviously used all three crafting skills to make to beat things isn't impressive. Everyone knows you can do that and beat anything. I thought that novelty wore off a month or two after the game was released?

Lolwut?

This isn't a brag topic i was just surprised 100% Spell Absorb didn't block his damage reflect since I thought damage reflect was a magical effect.

I could kill EW with only werewolf or Vampire Lord if i had Dawnguard but i don't since it don't come out on PS3 until the 26th.

Ebony Warrior is a joke get over yourself.

am0ngth3c1ouds
3 years ago#4
Evil_Sandwich posted...
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...

Lolwut?

This isn't a brag topic i was just surprised 100% Spell Absorb didn't block his damage reflect since I thought damage reflect was a magical effect.

I could kill EW with only werewolf or Vampire Lord if i had Dawnguard but i don't since it don't come out on PS3 until the 26th.

Ebony Warrior is a joke get over yourself.

Everything is a joke with over-powered super craft gear. You don't even have to be good at playing or strategizing at that point, just tedious laboring.

That being said, his Reflect Damage is a passive effect on him, not an offensive effect being used on you.

This raises the question for me.. does Spell Absorb stop Cloaks from damaging you?

am0ngth3c1ouds
3 years ago#5
And of course Vampire Lord could kill him. How is that even worth mentioning: Vampiric Grip -> Toss off the mountain.

Evil_Sandwich
3 years ago#6
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...
And of course Vampire Lord could kill him. How is that even worth mentioning: Vampiric Grip -> Toss off the mountain.

Vampiric Grip don't work on Ebony Warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnaRAxhGKQY

u just jelly u died the first few times u fought him and i didn't.

am0ngth3c1ouds
3 years ago#7
Evil_Sandwich posted...
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...

Oh yeah, I'm so terribly butt hurt about dying to the Ebony Warrior on Master without using triple-crafting looped items to do all the work for me. smh.

Everybody knows about the crafting exploit. Most everyone's tried it at one point or another. It's game-breaking and lame. Nobody cares about big damage numbers in discussions. This is Elder Scrolls.. Creativity, originality and ingenuity are the tools of trade here. This isn't WoW.

Evil_Sandwich
3 years ago#8
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...

Oh yeah, I'm so terribly butt hurt about dying to the Ebony Warrior on Master without using triple-crafting looped items to do all the work for me. smh.

Everybody knows about the crafting exploit. Most everyone's tried it at one point or another. It's game-breaking and lame. Nobody cares about big damage numbers in discussions. This is Elder Scrolls.. Creativity, originality and ingenuity are the tools of trade here. This isn't WoW.

If u wasn't butthurt u would'nt even have clicked on this topic in the first place.

You say u don't care but really u do ALOT.

User Info: RebelElite791

RebelElite791
3 years ago#9
amongtheclouds is so f***ing buttmad iTT
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

am0ngth3c1ouds
3 years ago#10
I guess this was to be expected, being the 360 board...
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. 100% Spell Absorption doesn't block Ebony Warrior's Damage Reflect.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived