100% Spell Absorption doesn't block Ebony Warrior's Damage Reflect.

#1Evil_SandwichPosted 2/14/2013 12:43:43 AM
Just fought the Ebony Warrior for the first time a few minutes ago with my level 81 Vampire chick who had 100% Spell Absorption on Master Difficulty and I noticed that sometimes my character would take ridculous damage when I hit him with my 500 damage Daedric one-hand sword.

He never actually hit me though cuz I kept interrupting his attacks with shield bashes.

I had to use 3 or 4 Ultimate healing potions and didn't dare power attack for fear of one-shotting myself.

I also reloaded a few times to experiment with different ways to kill him.

I managed to one-shot him with my 290 damage Daedric dagger and 2 shot him with my 700+ damage Daedric bow.

Never got killed by him though, he's basically the same as any other NPC.
#2am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 2/14/2013 1:02:52 AM
Using gear that you obviously used all three crafting skills to make to beat things isn't impressive. Everyone knows you can do that and beat anything. I thought that novelty wore off a month or two after the game was released?
#3Evil_Sandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:13:07 AM
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...
Using gear that you obviously used all three crafting skills to make to beat things isn't impressive. Everyone knows you can do that and beat anything. I thought that novelty wore off a month or two after the game was released?

Lolwut?

This isn't a brag topic i was just surprised 100% Spell Absorb didn't block his damage reflect since I thought damage reflect was a magical effect.

I could kill EW with only werewolf or Vampire Lord if i had Dawnguard but i don't since it don't come out on PS3 until the 26th.

Ebony Warrior is a joke get over yourself.
#4am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 2/14/2013 1:16:25 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...

Lolwut?

This isn't a brag topic i was just surprised 100% Spell Absorb didn't block his damage reflect since I thought damage reflect was a magical effect.

I could kill EW with only werewolf or Vampire Lord if i had Dawnguard but i don't since it don't come out on PS3 until the 26th.

Ebony Warrior is a joke get over yourself.

Everything is a joke with over-powered super craft gear. You don't even have to be good at playing or strategizing at that point, just tedious laboring.

That being said, his Reflect Damage is a passive effect on him, not an offensive effect being used on you.

This raises the question for me.. does Spell Absorb stop Cloaks from damaging you?
#5am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 2/14/2013 1:19:32 AM
And of course Vampire Lord could kill him. How is that even worth mentioning: Vampiric Grip -> Toss off the mountain.
#6Evil_Sandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:28:08 AM
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...
And of course Vampire Lord could kill him. How is that even worth mentioning: Vampiric Grip -> Toss off the mountain.

Vampiric Grip don't work on Ebony Warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnaRAxhGKQY

u just jelly u died the first few times u fought him and i didn't.
#7am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 2/14/2013 1:40:31 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...

Oh yeah, I'm so terribly butt hurt about dying to the Ebony Warrior on Master without using triple-crafting looped items to do all the work for me. smh.

Everybody knows about the crafting exploit. Most everyone's tried it at one point or another. It's game-breaking and lame. Nobody cares about big damage numbers in discussions. This is Elder Scrolls.. Creativity, originality and ingenuity are the tools of trade here. This isn't WoW.
#8Evil_Sandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:48:23 AM
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
am0ngth3c1ouds posted...

Oh yeah, I'm so terribly butt hurt about dying to the Ebony Warrior on Master without using triple-crafting looped items to do all the work for me. smh.

Everybody knows about the crafting exploit. Most everyone's tried it at one point or another. It's game-breaking and lame. Nobody cares about big damage numbers in discussions. This is Elder Scrolls.. Creativity, originality and ingenuity are the tools of trade here. This isn't WoW.

If u wasn't butthurt u would'nt even have clicked on this topic in the first place.

You say u don't care but really u do ALOT.
#9RebelElite791Posted 2/14/2013 1:49:06 AM
amongtheclouds is so f***ing buttmad iTT
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#10am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 2/14/2013 1:51:37 AM
I guess this was to be expected, being the 360 board...