Developers, PLEASE: When carrying too much, can "Sprint" turn into "Run?"

#31ghosta2Posted 2/16/2013 4:13:55 AM
you could just use the restoration loop to make a ring with +1,000,000 carry weight.

Also in morrowind carrying lots of stuff slowed you down and caused you to use up fatigue faster.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#32seth4461Posted 2/16/2013 5:01:56 AM
Am I the only person that notches an arrow to move while over encumbered? You move about as fast as sneaking it's pretty useful.
---
You may not be as good as I am, I may not compare to you, but until you prove either; I'd wager we'd both be better off staying quiet about it.
#33SoulOfFaythPosted 2/16/2013 5:28:54 AM
seth4461 posted...
Am I the only person that notches an arrow to move while over encumbered? You move about as fast as sneaking it's pretty useful.

If you have the ranger perk do you move at full speed?
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#34LockeadonPosted 2/16/2013 6:24:58 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
seth4461 posted...

If you have the ranger perk do you move at full speed?

actually once you have ranger this doesnt work anymore... or at least not nearly as well.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#35VeezaraPosted 2/16/2013 6:25:59 AM
I agree summon Arvok is the best way. Another way if you don't have him is swing your weapon as you are moving forward then sheath before your stamina goes down, you will run forward a few steps and not loosse stamina.
I think that carry wieght should only apply when enemies are near. If there is nobody hostile near you then carrying too much just slows you down rather than making it harder.
#36LockeadonPosted 2/16/2013 7:31:00 AM
Veezara posted...
I agree summon Arvok is the best way. Another way if you don't have him is swing your weapon as you are moving forward then sheath before your stamina goes down, you will run forward a few steps and not loosse stamina.
I think that carry wieght should only apply when enemies are near. If there is nobody hostile near you then carrying too much just slows you down rather than making it harder.

the only problem with that is there are lots of places you cant summon him. i would like to see purchasable pack mules you can put huge loads on and who work indoors/cities as well as outside.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#37N1ghtm4reW0lfPosted 2/16/2013 4:35:05 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Juzten76 posted...
I doubt this will be patched into this game, but it is a great idea and a better way to handle being overburdened. Once you are carrying too much weight, just moving takes your stamina. I like that.

That is not what the TC wants.
He wants the ability to still move at full speed, and even at sprinting speed, while overburdened.

That is not what the TC wants either.
He wants to keep the minimum walking speed, but be able to press the sprint button and move at the normal jogging speed until his stamina runs out, while over-encumbered.
---
Time's modded for not saying "mentally challenged" : 14
(Mods made me change the sig cause "censor bypassing".)
#38NorskeMan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 1:19:35 PM
Hilarious! i love the idea that i'm "a casual gamer ruining a once great franchise" by wanting it to be more realistic.i've played this series since Morrowind, and the now-similar Fallout series since the original. i've always had a problem with the carrying capacity system in these games. i remember the Athletics and Acrobatics skills from previous Elderscrolls games; and they pretty much did what i'm asking for now.
For anyone with any real-life exercise experience, i'm sure you know that you DON'T become immediately paralyzed once you cross some arbitrary weight limit; nor do you suddenly have to exert yourself more past said limit. It's a gradient curve, not a wall; despite the commonality of the phrase,"hitting the wall."
And seeing as Stamina is basically Adreneline, i'd like to be able to use it to some effect at all times in terms of movement.

Also, mostly just trolling now, but why can i only "Sprint" forward?
#39Edgemaster70000Posted 2/21/2013 1:29:07 PM
NorskeMan posted...
Well, thanks for the vote of confidence everyone! i'm not sure where where you all got the idea that i wanted it to be patched so that i could go "full Sprint speed" when over-encumbered; i never said that; i'm not sure where you inferred it. As the Topic title suggests, i would just like a gradual "downgrade" of the speed options based on weight; Stamina is basically used in the game to put extra effort into physical work; it just doesn't follow that you can no longer use it at all once you hit a specific weight.

In reference to the actual support and advice i got, i appreciate it. But...
Horses are great, but they can't follow you everywhere; and plodding all the way out of a cave or dungeon to them can take a while.
Jewelry is one of the things i craft almost constantly (good money in it!), but i'm up to my eyeballs in Dwarven Ingots! ... i guess the ability to craft Jewelry out of more than Gold, Silver and Bone Hawk parts would be nice, too.

So, basically... Waah! i'm whining because something isn't EXACTLY the way i want it to be (i.e. welcome to the internet)! hehe

Obviously, it's really not that big a deal; i don't actually expect such a patch to ever exist. i was just looking for a little commiseration.

You can REALLY tell who hasn't bought a single piece of DLC in this thread.

1 Arvak is a horse you can summon, hop onto, and fast travel. Then when you get off, he instantly vanishes. Couldn't be simpler.

2. Hearthfire adds houses with more containers than you could possibly have use for.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#40elaukaPosted 2/21/2013 1:29:58 PM
that woulddd solve a lot of problems for me
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)