Which Jarl should be next High King/Queen?Civil War spoilers

#1VeezaraPosted 2/14/2013 2:04:23 PM
Ulfric pretty much has it if the Stormcloaks win, it was after completing the civil war as a Stormcloak that I thought of this. I spoke to Elief in the crowd of Stormcloaks and she seemed more angry that she would never take, "Her rightful place as High Queen," than anything else.
After the civil war if the Imperials win should it be Elisef? What did she do other than marry Torik? She does surrender her city after General Tulius is dead. The Jarl of Whiterun even says that he will not surrender his city without drawing his own sword. I personally thought Free- Winter, the man who becomes Jarl of Windhelm after the Imperials win seems like the best choice for High King.
#2FluffyDrPosted 2/14/2013 2:16:15 PM
Assuming an Imperial win I think the new King would have to come from one of the four provinces that stayed loyal to the empire throughout. The Reach is too torn by the Forsworn, it's Jarl needs to focus 100% on his own realm. I doubt the swamp folk would hold much sway. So Solitude or Falkreath.

Falkreath might make sense, I'm sure the Imperials would like to see Skyrim run from somehwere a bit closer to the border. But I've never visited the Jarl there, have no idea what they're like.
#3RebelElite791Posted 2/14/2013 2:17:33 PM
Balgruuf, failing that, Elisif.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#4BitakuPosted 2/14/2013 2:38:48 PM
FluffyDr posted...

Falkreath might make sense, I'm sure the Imperials would like to see Skyrim run from somehwere a bit closer to the border. But I've never visited the Jarl there, have no idea what they're like.

The Jarl of of Falkreath openly admits to not really doing anything except living in the luxury that was passed down to him. He passes all of his duties directly onto his steward.
---
On a different website I'd say "I'm surprised you got modded for insulting Hitler." but not on GameFAQs. - CatfishWiggins
#5VasDeferensPosted 2/14/2013 2:46:04 PM(edited)
I'm sorta feeling Falkreath too . If that dude thinks he's had " the most succulent meat ", wait till he becomes High King , lol .

My next in line is probably Winterhold . Just because I feel sorry for what happened to the city. And Winterhold used to be the pre-eminent city in Skyrim, he deserves the position .
#6RampagingwalrusPosted 2/14/2013 3:00:15 PM
Balgruuf had to be tricked into letting the Empire station troops in his city, so not him.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#7Joe_CobbsPosted 2/14/2013 3:01:09 PM
Jarl Ballin'. He cares about his people and isn't willing to roll over if threatened. Or so it seems.
#8Jstretch19Posted 2/14/2013 3:13:44 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Balgruuf.

This. Personally, I wouldn't like Elisif at all, IMO she's too close to the Empire to split from it should that be the best option for Skyrim.

That said, it's really stupid that Brogruuf always sides against the Stromcloaks. Beth should've made it so he joins your side if you're his Thane, but against your side if he's not. Making it so you could do the quest before killing the Dragon of course.
---
Screw GS
#9silverhunter16Posted 2/14/2013 4:00:02 PM
Balgruuf has my vote. He's the only Jarl that isn't a straight up jerk, tool, or ignorant on the affairs of the world. The only other Jarl like him is Igrond Ravencrone but she is slowly losing touch with reality cause of her "visions".
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"
#10darkportal785Posted 2/14/2013 4:02:51 PM
Jarl Ballin'. He cares about his reefer and isn't willing to roll over when b****es get out of line. Or so it seems.

---
fun^10 x int^40=IR2