accidentally sold my reaper gem fragments

#1BigRobb2389Posted 2/14/2013 8:46:55 PM
do the chests you get them from respawn?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#2NepharenPosted 2/14/2013 9:35:18 PM
Some items don't disappear from a merchant's inventory; if you remember who you sold it to, check and see if they still have it.

As far as the gems respawning in the chest, I don't believe they will since they are unique.
#3theonyxphoenixPosted 2/15/2013 12:18:09 AM
You don't get anything special from beating the reaper.

from the wiki

Using the spell Detect Dead or the Shout Aura Whisper will reveal all of the Reaper's minions inside the floor. By standing above one of these minions and attacking, the Reaper and his minions will rise and attack the player, at which point they can be fought and killed without placing or gathering any of the Reaper Gem Fragments. Another way, not requiring the Detect Dead spell, is by walking to the far side of the room from the door. The ghostly smoke effect of the reaper can be seen through the pile of bones he is standing in, about where his head would be. If the Dragonborn goes up to him and tries to select him as if to initiate dialog, he will step forward and his minions will rise.

From UESP:

You can get around having to collect the Reaper gem fragments by scattering a few Fire Runes on the ground near him. This will summon his minions from below and draw him out for the fight. Just move to the back of the room and cast a mine on the large pile of bones.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#4BigRobb2389(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:04:30 AM
yea, I know. I just haven't done it yet and am exploring the Soul Cairn for like the 4th character, lol.

does anyone know the respawn time for the Soul Cairn? I'm assuming there is one.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#5silverhunter16Posted 2/15/2013 10:24:32 AM
The Reaper fragments do respawn but you can only fight the Reaper once which is weird IMO.
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"
#6silverhunter16Posted 2/15/2013 10:36:56 AM
BigRobb2389 posted...
yea, I know. I just haven't done it yet and am exploring the Soul Cairn for like the 4th character, lol.

does anyone know the respawn time for the Soul Cairn? I'm assuming there is one.

As for respawn time, I believe its 10-15 days cause I frequent it to hoards soul gems.
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"
#7MrGazzoPosted 2/15/2013 10:44:01 AM
Why would you want to beat the Reaper anyway? He's basically a worthless, oversized afflicted shade thingy from Kilkreath ruins. You don't get nothing from him
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore