Lore question regarding the final Dark Brotherhood mission *Obvious spoilers*

#1GodSpark127Posted 2/14/2013 9:33:07 PM
Is Titus Mede II dead or not lore-wise?

Considering you can destroy the DB (presumably before they kill TM2 as there is no Cicero/Night Mother in the Sanctuary) that leaves his death seemingly questionable.

Now, I get that Beth likes to keep things open, but the death of the Emperor is a pretty goddamn massive event that potentially changes... well... everything. Leaving it as open as they did is a pretty derp move.

So, all things accounted for, was he assassinated?
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#2_Krave_Posted 2/14/2013 9:35:42 PM
It'll be canon. It wont necessarily be the Dragonborn that killed him though.

Just like with Oblivion stuffs.
---
Fascination ends
#3GodSpark127(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:43:11 PM(edited)
But how can it be canon if the Dark Brotherhood was potentially wiped out? They can't assassinate anyone if they are dead.
---
#4SephirothePosted 2/14/2013 9:44:16 PM
When you wipe them out you do not kill Cicero or Babette and the Night Mother is not there. Beth will prob just say that emperor was assassinated while visiting Solitude, but not give much more detail than that.
---
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world." - Buddah
#5Brenz0rPosted 2/14/2013 9:47:32 PM
GodSpark127 posted...
But how can it be canon if the Dark Brotherhood was potentially wiped out? They can't assassinate anyone if they are dead.

They'll probably tie the "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood" quest in with the attack on the Sanctuary during the DB questline. Two birds, one stone.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#6youshallbeasgodPosted 2/14/2013 9:48:30 PM
GodSpark127 posted...

That's a big IF.

And Titus Medes II isn't that import. He's probably going to be remembered as "The Emperor who found himself in a dead end"
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#7GodSpark127(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:01:07 PM(edited)
Alright, I suppose that fills most of the holes.

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to a stereotypical Dragonborn run that fits with the lore as best as possible and makes the most logical sense progression wise. (Taking care of things like The Forsworn Conspiracy/Cidhna Mine and what not before being proclaimed Dragonborn/Thane.)

So in order to make my run as purest as possible, do you all recommend siding with the DB or wiping them out? (And yes I know there is technically no set way, but you know what I mean)

Also, are there any significant dialogue changes regarding NPCs once TM2 is dead? I haven't actually finished the DB story entirely before lol.
---
#8GodSpark127(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:55:33 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
GodSpark127 posted...

That's a big IF.

And Titus Medes II isn't that import. He's probably going to be remembered as "The Emperor who found himself in a dead end"

Are you kidding me!?! The Emperor being killed is HUGE!!!

If he is gone the Thalmor will likely become much more brazen and possibly invade again, other provinces could begin to follow Skyrim's example and rebel, as well as a myriad of other possibilities that could drastically affect the future of Tamriel.
---
#9youshallbeasgodPosted 2/14/2013 10:06:37 PM(edited)
GodSpark127 posted...
youshallbeasgod posted...
GodSpark127 posted...

That's a big IF.

Are you kidding me!?! The Emperor being killed is HUGE!!!

If he is gone the Thalmor will likely become much more brazen and possibly invade again, other provinces could begin to follow Skyrim's example and rebel, as well as a myriad of other possibilities that could drastically affect the future of Tamriel.

I know... what I meant is: Titus II is bound to be killed... with the civil war and the Thalmor... High Rock is the only province loyal to the empire. He's an emperor alright but we barely see him. Ulfric has more power than him in this game. He's less than Uriel Septim in Oblivion times.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#10Brenz0rPosted 2/14/2013 10:18:52 PM
GodSpark127 posted...
So in order to make my run as purest as possible, do you all recommend siding with the DB or wiping them out? (And yes I know there is technically no set way, but you know what I mean)

Murderise them.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN