Okay, noob question time.

#1BeastlyIguanaPosted 2/15/2013 6:31:14 AM
How useful is using a healing spell in one hand and a one-handed weapon in the other? I always have wanted to do that in a video game, but never been able to.

(This is my first TES game and I only got it yesterday, please excuse the noobness.)
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#2seth4461Posted 2/15/2013 6:36:56 AM
Better to heal with potions in battle and use the magic after the fight, imo
---
You may not be as good as I am, I may not compare to you, but until you prove either; I'd wager we'd both be better off staying quiet about it.
#3LordTrinenPosted 2/15/2013 6:41:21 AM
That's my favorite way to play. Using potions to heal may be slightly faster at first but once you level Restoration and get higher level spells things get better. Grand Healing gives you a really big boost, especially if you have that perk that boosts healing spells by 50%. Grand Healing also heals any allies nearby so it is useful for keeping followers alive.
#4BeastlyIguana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:42:19 AM
seth4461 posted...

Ah, that's a shame. Any combination of a melee weapon and spell that is worth noting?
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#5gdaddyPosted 2/15/2013 7:20:47 AM
>>Ah, that's a shame. Any combination of a melee weapon and spell that is worth noting?

conjuration. Twin souls+Conjure Dremora Lord+Atromancy= 120 seconds of 2 Dremora Lords. Switch to a shield after conjuring. Really helps out at higher difficulties.
---
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9261/sitchtf.gif
#6seth4461Posted 2/15/2013 7:29:23 AM
Honestly, you should play how you wish. It may not be the most effective way to play but you can play it that way. Once you get some perks and items to boost restoration you be formidable enough.
---
You may not be as good as I am, I may not compare to you, but until you prove either; I'd wager we'd both be better off staying quiet about it.
#7F_GalikanokusPosted 2/15/2013 5:15:37 PM
BeastlyIguana posted...
seth4461 posted...

Ah, that's a shame. Any combination of a melee weapon and spell that is worth noting?

Don't listen to this guy, potion spamming is almost as lame as zero cost fireball spamming. To answer your question, any one handed weapon can be used effectively with just about any spell. Some of my favourites are muffle, a ward, ice storm(or chain lightning), paralyse, or like they guy above said, a conjuration spell.
---
"This is America. Kidnapping a Christian? That's worse than harboring a fugitive."
#8BadrangTyrantPosted 2/15/2013 5:19:19 PM
seth4461 posted...

Not if you have Grand Healing.
Basically makes any fight easy mode.
---
PSN - Alexdesniper
#9IronticsDragonLPosted 2/15/2013 5:31:58 PM
I always play with healing magic in one hand and a sword in the other. It's useful as heck. And TC? welcome to Tamriel.
---
I'm ballin, ballin, ballin, Jarl ballin, ballin, ballin, swag.
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#10Mick65Posted 2/15/2013 6:10:09 PM
Mace with fire enchantment in one hand, incinerate in the other. Heavy armor, flames cloak and wall of flames.
Plenty of time to heal when everybody's dead.
---
JAFO