Okay, noob question time.

#11DarkSeraphMPosted 2/15/2013 7:14:31 PM
Mick65 posted...
Mace with fire enchantment in one hand, incinerate in the other. Heavy armor, flames cloak and wall of flames.
Plenty of time to heal when everybody's dead.

I like the way this guy thinks.
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#12TheRavenKCPosted 2/15/2013 7:17:13 PM
That's how I always start out playing. If you level up restoration, enchanting, smithing, heavy or light armor, and one handed you will be able breeze right through with very little trouble, because you can enchant your armor to where restoration spells cost nothing to use.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/TheRavenKC Play Like A Raven
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/TheRavenKC/
#13AigonrothPosted 2/15/2013 7:24:26 PM
Actually you don't even have to wait to get Grand Healing for Restoration to be good, Fast Healing is pretty awesome for how early you can get it, and it will be better (and cheaper) than potions in the beginning.

Seriously early potions suck, in fact the only potions really worth it are the Extreme and Ultimate Variants, which you won't be encountering for a while anyway.

So yeah TC play the game with One-Handed + Restoration, the play style will work just fine, hell you are pretty much playing the Crusader class.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#14clone11Posted 2/15/2013 7:31:04 PM
It works very well. I personally prefer using a shield and switching between it and resto spells.

Speaking of which, you can hot key things to your left and right directional pad buttons by going into your favorites menu, selecting the spell or item you want to hotkey, and holding the left or right d-pad button until a number 1 or 2 appears. So, you can hotkey a healing spell and a turn undead spell, for example.
---
"Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity..."
#15BeastlyIguana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:10:58 PM
clone11 posted...
It works very well. I personally prefer using a shield and switching between it and resto spells.

Speaking of which, you can hot key things to your left and right directional pad buttons by going into your favorites menu, selecting the spell or item you want to hotkey, and holding the left or right d-pad button until a number 1 or 2 appears. So, you can hotkey a healing spell and a turn undead spell, for example.

Ooo, thanks! Didn't know that.
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#16KabtheMentatPosted 2/15/2013 9:24:33 PM
Holy ****, neither did I and I'm like level 31. Would make switch back and forth from spells and my bow much quicker and easier.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#17Mick65Posted 2/15/2013 9:47:01 PM
L/R quick keys take a bit of getting used to. Spells always appear in the left hand on the first press, then the right on the second. Weapons, and shields can be put away with a second press in the same direction and if you had a weapon already in that hand, it may be taken out when you put your quick key weapon away but usually not spells if pre equipped.
I haven't figured out all the nuances, but play around with it and see what you find.
---
JAFO
#18elaukaPosted 2/15/2013 9:56:50 PM
i dont see why you couldnt use a ward as a shield or something
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)
#19seth4461Posted 2/16/2013 4:42:35 AM
BeastlyIguana posted...
seth4461 posted...
Better to heal with potions in battle and use the magic after the fight, imo

Ah, that's a shame. Any combination of a melee weapon and spell that is worth noting?

Don't listen to this guy, potion spamming is almost as lame as zero cost fireball spamming. To answer your question, any one handed weapon can be used effectively with just about any spell. Some of my favourites are muffle, a ward, ice storm(or chain lightning), paralyse, or like they guy above said, a conjuration spell.

Because Restoration spam is soooo much better/different at low levels right? Besides I told him in my next post to play as he likes, Doesn't change the fact that potions are quicker and more effective then Healing during battle. Fast Healing, Grand Healing etc. aren't on the table till later on and Potions are still faster/safer then Fast Healing. Once you get some perks though Restoration becomes far better then potion spam what with the Cost reduction, Respite and Ward Absorb perks. But right out of Helgen? Potions> Healing
---
You may not be as good as I am, I may not compare to you, but until you prove either; I'd wager we'd both be better off staying quiet about it.
#20F_GalikanokusPosted 2/16/2013 10:49:33 PM
seth4461 posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...
seth4461 posted...
Better to heal with potions in battle and use the magic after the fight, imo

Ah, that's a shame. Any combination of a melee weapon and spell that is worth noting?

Don't listen to this guy, potion spamming is almost as lame as zero cost fireball spamming. To answer your question, any one handed weapon can be used effectively with just about any spell. Some of my favourites are muffle, a ward, ice storm(or chain lightning), paralyse, or like they guy above said, a conjuration spell.

Because Restoration spam is soooo much better/different at low levels right? Besides I told him in my next post to play as he likes, Doesn't change the fact that potions are quicker and more effective then Healing during battle. Fast Healing, Grand Healing etc. aren't on the table till later on and Potions are still faster/safer then Fast Healing. Once you get some perks though Restoration becomes far better then potion spam what with the Cost reduction, Respite and Ward Absorb perks. But right out of Helgen? Potions> Healing

Never said restoration was better or worse I said potion spamming was lame because like zero cast fireball spamming it's an incredibly cheep tactic that pretty much removes any challenge from the game as its near impossible to die if you have a decent supply of potions and have them hot keyed.
---
"This is America. Kidnapping a Christian? That's worse than harboring a fugitive."