Battlemages: your preference for ranged, destruction or bow.

#1Perma-n00bPosted 2/15/2013 9:23:43 AM
I'm just curious as I have a battlemage who uses resto, alteration, conjuration, and illusion at the moment and would like some insight on a ranged skill. More interested in what u guys think is more fun since my current build is already unstoppably powerful.
#2Orpheus_DemigodPosted 2/15/2013 10:18:43 AM
Well if you're talking about Battlemages in TES lore the battlemage's main form of offence is destruction magic.

That said if you're using all the other magic schools in your build already it may be that you won't have enough of a magicka pool to use destruction as well.

But in my opinion a battlemage just isn't a battlemage unless he's blasting out fire, ice or lightning.
#3WhereDidItGoPosted 2/15/2013 10:20:54 AM
I prefer destruction, especially if I'm already running a mage build of some sort anyway. Bows may have the potential to do more damage per hit, but honestly even on master I find things die quick enough to destruction that I'd rather have the reliable stagger effect from dual casting and potential AoE damage.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton