Camonna Tong

#1C_BurnsPosted 2/15/2013 9:55:54 AM
Evil, non-moral Thieves Guild class that would be Dunmer. Totally against any imperial law and non-Dunmer character (even Dunmer outsiders.)

Anyone have any extra lore on this faction? Would love to recreate it in Skyrim.
#2KabtheMentatPosted 2/15/2013 9:59:17 AM
Not much outside of playing Morrowind, who are all over the place in that game.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#3Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 2/15/2013 10:30:43 AM
Uhhh well. The Morag Tong was actually an Empire approved assassination group. They assassinated under imperial law publicly and value there form of "justice" and "honor".
So going against imperial law is kinda strange.

They also hate, hate, HATE the dark brotherhood so wipe them out. And I would suggest doing quests for Mephala, Azura, and Boethiah. Namely live for and worship Mephala sees the Tongs patron. Get the ebony blade and use that for "Public execution" or when you stealth fails. It swings as fast as a normal one hand sword so it can work.
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#4legend4ryg4m3rPosted 2/15/2013 10:47:45 AM
Van_Of_The_Dawn posted...
Uhhh well. The Morag Tong was actually an Empire approved assassination group. They assassinated under imperial law publicly and value there form of "justice" and "honor".

They also hate, hate, HATE the dark brotherhood so wipe them out. And I would suggest doing quests for Mephala, Azura, and Boethiah. Namely live for and worship Mephala sees the Tongs patron. Get the ebony blade and use that for "Public execution" or when you stealth fails. It swings as fast as a normal one hand sword so it can work.

Cammona Tong, not Morag Tong. ever even played morrowind?
#5KabtheMentatPosted 2/15/2013 11:06:37 AM(edited)

Camonna Tong is basically a Vvardenfell mafia that hated outsiders and other Dark Elves that collaborated with the Empire.

Anyway, as for the TC the best I can think of about them is that while they hated outsiders, they were willing to work with them in order to do what it was that they needed. IMO, while they hate outsiders they love money more. Business before personal sounds like their deal.
---
#6NicodaemosPosted 2/15/2013 11:48:16 AM
From: Van_Of_The_Dawn | Posted: 2/15/2013 10:30:43 AM | #003

1. That's Morag Tong
2. The Morag Tong were not "Empire approved".
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#7Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 2/15/2013 12:39:33 PM
Nicodaemos posted...
From: Van_Of_The_Dawn | Posted: 2/15/2013 10:30:43 AM | #003

1. That's Morag Tong
2. The Morag Tong were not "Empire approved".

1. I am sadly mistaken
2. The empire allowed the Morag Tong to go about there killings without stopping them, in my head they were approved to do so.
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#8KabtheMentatPosted 2/15/2013 12:51:22 PM(edited)
It's a little more than that. To bring Morrowind into the Empire, the Empire allowed them to keep their way of life and institutions intact and not have to completely conform to Imperial law. Kinda like how Native American tribes operate under different laws than the rest of the country, because of treaties signed between them and the US/Canadian governments.

The Morag Tong was sanctioned by the government of Morrowind. So it was kept. It's not Empire sanctioned, it's just Morrowind sanctioned. If they operated outside of Morrowind then they would be breaking the law and treated just like an other assassin guild.
---
#9nathraxhPosted 2/15/2013 12:51:45 PM(edited)
Van_Of_The_Dawn posted...

1. I am sadly mistaken
2. The empire allowed the Morag Tong to go about there killings without stopping them, in my head they were approved to do so.

Eh, yes and no. Empire-tolerated might be a better way of putting it. The Empire itself has hated them since they bumped off Reman Cyrodiil, and they're outlawed everywhere in the Empire except Morrowind. Because Morrowind joined the Empire peacefully, they were allowed to keep all of their traditions, even the ones the Empire disapproved of, such as slavery, and the Morag Tong.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#10KabtheMentatPosted 2/15/2013 12:56:39 PM(edited)
I am The Ninja.

Also, talking about the Morag and Camonna Tong brings up a good question...why would any of them operate in Skyrim? I can see the Camonna smuggling crap into Skyrim I guess, but other than that doesn't make sense.
---