Something I wish Bethesda would take from Bioware

#11JohnRyan1228Posted 2/15/2013 2:33:56 PM
So much beth bashing in this topic its hilarious.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#12Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/15/2013 2:35:16 PM
You should all apply for Bethesda. Tell them all these things you can do they'll take you in a heartbeat and fire everyone else good luck on TES VI
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#13DairycowsPosted 2/15/2013 2:46:15 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...

I think Bethesda is great and I have thoroughly enjoyed the TES and Fallout games they have made. They are one of my favorite developers at the moment.

However, just like any developer, they have their areas where they could use improvement (some areas more than others). They have excellent breadth to their games, but depth could use some work. This could come in the form of better writing, animation, and gameplay (notably combat). I don't think many could argue for Bethesda being very strong in any of these aspects.

Again, I've played the hell out of Skyrim and I love it, but Bethesda can always do better. Saying this is not bashing.
#14VincentVega13Posted 2/15/2013 2:48:36 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
I rather have them take the better writers Bioware typically has first.

Also, I think part of the reason the lack of crap that's displayed on your character might have something to do with the graphical limitations of the consoles.

No. I want the likes of Hudson, Gaider, and Hepler no where near TES.

This. So much this. "Yeah, TESVI's gonna have all these cool features that carry over from Skyrim. Things you did in previous games are gonna make a HUGE difference in this one because everyones PC is very personal to them and we understand that."
*End press conference* "Can we do any of that? No? Ah f*** it, just do three endings that are the same anyways. That's more than Gears of War had."
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.
#15KabtheMentatPosted 2/15/2013 3:12:24 PM

Bethesda does a lot of things well. But story and character writing isn't one of them.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#16KabtheMentatPosted 2/15/2013 3:14:33 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
I rather have them take the better writers Bioware typically has first.

Also, I think part of the reason the lack of crap that's displayed on your character might have something to do with the graphical limitations of the consoles.

No. I want the likes of Hudson, Gaider, and Hepler no where near TES.

This. So much this. "Yeah, TESVI's gonna have all these cool features that carry over from Skyrim. Things you did in previous games are gonna make a HUGE difference in this one because everyones PC is very personal to them and we understand that."
*End press conference* "Can we do any of that? No? Ah f*** it, just do three endings that are the same anyways. That's more than Gears of War had."

So? The beginning to the end had pretty good writing and characterization. People actually progressed through their story arch, even the PC. None of that happens in TES games.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#17VincentVega13Posted 2/15/2013 3:38:21 PM
^I'll concede that one to you. I was just on the ME3 board about 10 mins ago and just got into a major writing nerdrage over the entire game.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.