Which Elder Scrolls Game is the best for Role Playing?

#1ProjectX26Posted 2/16/2013 12:52:36 PM
Which one? - Results (76 votes)
The Elder Scrolls: Arena
1.32% (1 votes)
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
5.26% (4 votes)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
38.16% (29 votes)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
9.21% (7 votes)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
46.05% (35 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hmm, feel free to debate.
---
Riddle me this:
When was the last time you covered yourself in syrup and sacrificed a physically defected llama while performing a mating dance on a Thursday?
#2Ajd_KingPosted 2/16/2013 12:54:42 PM(edited)
Morrowind.

Or New Vegas.
---
"Stannis... in spite of everything, he is a righteous man."
- GRRM.
#3JohnRyan1228Posted 2/16/2013 12:54:56 PM
I cant answer for the first two. I never felt there were enough role playing aspects in 3 or 4. I would say skyrim. Although I can see putting morrowind ahead cause their are more factions. Still I tgink skyrim wins cause of the mire mundane activities you can perform.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#4gunsndrosesPosted 2/16/2013 12:59:11 PM
I voted Arena, but quickly realized I should have voted Daggerfall.

Daggerfall has the hardest-core (spelling?) experience, and thus the most possibility for role-playing.
---
If you haven't found any communists in your back yard, you're not looking hard enough!
Strumcluks 4 lief
#5SoulOfFaythPosted 2/16/2013 1:02:17 PM
I only played this and Oblivion but imo Skyrim is much better for roleplaying. I guess that's just because the world in Skyrim seems more alive and I like to really get into a character and how he interacts with people. But also because of the perk trees which allows/forces you to map out a character, and there are a lot of useful perks that make it possible to play a character who, for example, relies mostly on pickpocketing to survive. I tried rping in Oblivion but somehow it just felt meaningless because at the end of the day you have to resort to melee or magic combat, since sneak attacks weren't as powerful either.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#6JohnRyan1228Posted 2/16/2013 1:03:50 PM
Would the guy who voted for oblivion care to elaborate?

Not judging, I'm genuinely interested why they voted for it.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#7ProjectX26(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:09:41 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...

I didn't vote for it, but Oblivion is my ideal world to role play in.

Unfortunately it's mechanics in that regard are the worst of the last three.
---
Riddle me this:
When was the last time you covered yourself in syrup and sacrificed a physically defected llama while performing a mating dance on a Thursday?
#8JohnRyan1228Posted 2/16/2013 1:12:23 PM
ProjectX26 posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...

I didn't vote for it, but Oblivion is my ideal world to role play in.

Unfortunately it's mechanics in that regard are the worst of the last three.

No the worst mechanics is morrowind by far.

So that's just it? The world? I guess I understand that, even if I far from agree with it.
---
#9Lord HugoPosted 2/16/2013 2:59:12 PM
Morrowind. Tons of options, and it has the benefit of being 100% an RPG, and being fairly polished.
---
"Jeff Goldblum was actually on Death's To-Do list today, but he's so awesome he managed to talk Death into taking Michael Jackson instead."-Ben Paddon