Which side would the guilds choose in the Civil War?

#1Chaseman12Posted 2/16/2013 1:01:11 PM
Topic. Would the Mages support the Empire while the Companions have Ulfric's back? Thieves support Maven and her imperial ties while Astrid supports the stormcloaks? Isran supports Tullius and Harkon would love to turn Ulfric? Keep in mind this is not a who do YOU support topic but a who do you think THEY would support. As for me:

Companions-Stormcloaks
Thieves Guild-Empire
Dark Brotherhood-Stormcloaks
College of Winterhold-Stormcloaks
Bards College-Empire
Dawnguard-Empire
Volkihar Coven-Stormcloaks

Thoughts?
---
3DS FC: 4339-2507-5322 Name: Chaseman12 PM if you add as friend
360 GT: Chaseman12
#2Ajd_KingPosted 2/16/2013 1:09:03 PM
Companions and the Dark Brotherhood wouldn't care. They're mercs and hitmen, however much they want to play it up.

Volkihar I'm not sure, I'm guessing Empire because there'd be less soldiers in Skyrim. Dawnguard I've no clue.

College would definitely be Empire. The Stormcloak Jarl shuns the College, and Nords are magically illiterate enough as is. With the Empire and the multiculturalism it brings, there's more chance for improvement.

Thieve's Guild would be Stormcloaks, I imagine. Easier to swindle.
---
"Stannis... in spite of everything, he is a righteous man."
- GRRM.
#3misterjaywalwerPosted 2/16/2013 1:12:41 PM
Chaseman12 posted...
Topic. Would the Mages support the Empire while the Companions have Ulfric's back? Thieves support Maven and her imperial ties while Astrid supports the stormcloaks? Isran supports Tullius and Harkon would love to turn Ulfric? Keep in mind this is not a who do YOU support topic but a who do you think THEY would support. As for me:

Companions-Stormcloaks
Thieves Guild-Empire
Bards College-Empire
Dawnguard-Empire

Thoughts?

No.

Stormcloaks hate magic.

Dark Brotherhood isn't really anti-emperor either, they just kill him because it's part of a contract, not to mention they're close with the thieves guild.

Everyone hates vampires.

The ones that are neutral are neutral; the companions wouldn't care about participating in a war of jarls, and don't care to worship "dead gods". They're not passionate about Talos worship and let anyone in as long as they're skilled warriors. They also fight for anyone as long as it's on the side of the law and the gold is good.
---
---
The question is not if,but when.
#4Gamer-ChrisPosted 2/16/2013 1:25:21 PM(edited)
Chaseman12 posted...

Companions-Stormcloaks
Thieves Guild-Empire
Bards College-Empire
Dawnguard-Empire

Thoughts?

I don't think it'd be that simple.

It is mentioned by the Companions (or at least Kodlak) that "there isn't honor in petty political disputes" or something along those lines. But, assuming they had no choice but to get involved, there would likely be a split amongst its members. There are members in it that support the Empire, while others don't, and most don't care either way. So we can't say for certain the guild would help either side.

The Thieves Guild has little reason to side with anyone, but there are certain benefits. A toppled Empire means a disorganized people, which in turns makes their job easier. But a stable Empire means riches, which also benefits them.

The Dark Brotherhood would probably have no interest in siding with anyone. Their business comes from their neutrality and indifference towards their targets. Siding with someone would only limit their overall list of targets, and in turn affect their income.

Vampires are hated by just about everyone, so the Volkihar wouldn't support the Stormcloaks in open warfare. They would, however, benefit from an unstable Skyrim, so they'd probably be secretly hoping the Stormcloaks win.

The Bards would more than likely support the Empire.

Dawnguard.. it wouldn't really matter. Assuming both the Empire and Ulfric support their existence, they wouldn't really be concerned with who wins. BUT.. I suppose a stable Empire means a better army, and in turn a safer people, so they'd probably be in favor of that in order to combat the vampires.

EDIT: Oh, and the college would probably try to remain independent. If they had to choose, they'd choose the Empire.
---
I like video games.
#5Gamer-ChrisPosted 2/16/2013 1:16:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Jstretch19Posted 2/16/2013 1:26:10 PM
Companions and DB are glorified sell-swords.

Volkihar would form their own faction/let the Cloaks and Empire duke it out.
Dawnguard would stay neutral/side with whoever promises to help defeat the Vamps

The College could really go either way, on the one hand the Nords aren't really accepting of magic in general. On the other hand I remember a quest in the College that you talk to one of the members of the Empire's own mage group, and he didn't seem to happy with me.

The Thieves guild would stay neutral, they're thieve. Though they'd probably aid whichever side would give them better profit with funding.
---
Screw GS
#7jman427Posted 2/16/2013 1:43:05 PM
In my game, at least three of the Companions fought with me and the Stormcloaks to get the Empire out of Whiterun.

Mages would go Empire if you twisted their arm.

Thieves Guild wouldn't get involved in a war except to steal something.

Vampires and Dawnguard are not even in the equation.

DB is funny, I played it as a Stormcloak and sought to disrupt the Empire as much as I could, but they didn't seem to care one way or the other. Prolly go for the highest bidder.
---
no?