Getting back into this after a while.

#1SonOfAsandwormPosted 2/16/2013 4:29:12 PM(edited)
Trying to find a fun build to ease back into it. Maybe something that mainly uses archery, or possibly a dual weilding sneaky warrior with supportive magic and no form of ranged combat, aside from shouts.

Any ideas?
#2Gamer-ChrisPosted 2/16/2013 4:34:36 PM
I've been playing a stealthy character that doesn't just kill everyone and it's a lot of fun. What I mean is, instead of running into dungeons and killing everyone in my way, I'll instead sneak passed everyone, take all the loot and leave. The only time my character kills someone is when he has no choice (escape isn't an option), or when that person happens to be his target. If he has a target he'll, again, sneak pass all the guards and kill only his target, then sneak out. It's very satisfying.
---
I like video games.
#3Mick65Posted 2/16/2013 4:51:17 PM
Stand up bound bow, dual wield bound swords, light armor Argonian.
Pretty easy to get going and fun as hell.
---
JAFO
#4SonOfAsandworm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 5:25:03 PM
Mick65 posted...

That sounds interesting. Anything else for this?

Also, what do you mean when you say "stand up bound bow"?
#5legend4ryg4m3rPosted 2/16/2013 5:26:39 PM
Try the famous Cryptstalker build. Best. Build. Ever. Currently having tons of fun with it.

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-cryptstalker?xg_source=activity
#6SonOfAsandworm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 5:33:22 PM
legend4ryg4m3r posted...
Try the famous Cryptstalker build. Best. Build. Ever. Currently having tons of fun with it.

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-cryptstalker?xg_source=activity

I actually tried that once. I could never get the zombies to attack while sneaking.
#7Mick65Posted 2/16/2013 6:15:25 PM
SonOfAsandworm posted...
Mick65 posted...

Stand up, no sneak attacks. Run and gun and use the speed of the bow. With ranger, quick shot and steady hand 1/2 it's a Huge change of pace from the sneaky archer.

For melée, BS doesn't work with elemental fury, but slow time let's you waltz around your enemies, power attacking from the side. The light armor helps with the mobility and you won't be getting hit much at all. with an amulet of talos and blessing of talos, you'll get a good duration and about a five second cool down to back off and regain stamina.

Use a circlet, show off your hornz. I started with the diadem of the savant, and used some low level flesh spells early game.

I went to sohlstiem at level one and walked away with miraaks head at level thirty five.
---
JAFO
#8SonOfAsandworm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:36:01 PM
Mick65 posted...
SonOfAsandworm posted...
Mick65 posted...

Stand up, no sneak attacks. Run and gun and use the speed of the bow. With ranger, quick shot and steady hand 1/2 it's a Huge change of pace from the sneaky archer.

For melée, BS doesn't work with elemental fury, but slow time let's you waltz around your enemies, power attacking from the side. The light armor helps with the mobility and you won't be getting hit much at all. with an amulet of talos and blessing of talos, you'll get a good duration and about a five second cool down to back off and regain stamina.

Use a circlet, show off your hornz. I started with the diadem of the savant, and used some low level flesh spells early game.

I went to sohlstiem at level one and walked away with miraaks head at level thirty five.

Sounds pretty awesome. What would you reccomend perkwise, m/h/s? I would rather not use any crafting skills.
#9Mick65Posted 2/16/2013 7:00:58 PM
Just booted him up for ya, been doing chores with my new Mage for the last few hours so a break is cool.

Real basic. Level 35. 200/240/200
1H 66 4/5 FS SS CC DF 2/2.
Archery 84 5/5 CS 2/3 HD Rngr EE SH 2/2 PS QS.
Light Armor 54 AD 3/5 CF UnHnd. (another reason to use the Diadem is that it counts towards custom fit.)
Conjuration 92 NC-AC MB

Keep a flesh spell up as you travel and it will count towards xp when you encounter an enemy.
Cast Bound Weapons Only when an enemy is hostile for it to count towards xp.
If you get bored, cast one BS and use block. Adds levels and is fun.
Sneak into position and scout the scene, don't run in half cocked, your not a 2H Heavy.
I only used found items with this guy. diadem, amulet of Talos scaled boots of dwindling flame, scaled bracers of eminent wielding, scaled armor of eminent health, assorted jewelry.
---
JAFO
#10SonOfAsandworm(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:12:43 PM
Thanks, i think i'll give it a try.