Do you see TES heading towards a better future or a worse future?

#1Fisto_Posted 2/16/2013 6:40:28 PM
In my honest opinion, they need to clean up in a few areas.

Radiant Quests need to be cut down or stopped altogether.

I'd also like to see more focus on the characters, though this isn't Bethesda's strong suit.

I'd like it most if they stopped making almost every questline ending anti-climatic. At least Morrowind's MQ felt somewhat satisfying at the end when you defeated Dagoth Ur, though lost its novelty after you could beat the game from the start doing a few quick things.

Is TES good the way it is in Skyrim or no?
---
Please assume the position.
#2SoulOfFaythPosted 2/16/2013 6:43:45 PM
I'm sure they'll improve on some issues, like they improved upon Oblivion. I know a lot of people complain the series is going downhill but I do look forward to new games with good faith. And since it'll undoubtedly be on the next gen we might see a lot more content.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#3JohnRyan1228Posted 2/16/2013 6:48:10 PM
Better. Skyrim was an improvement over oblivion overall. Kinda all the justification I need to have that opinion.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#4PairedsnakePosted 2/16/2013 6:50:47 PM
Just my opinion but worse as every game since morrowind has felt more and more linear to me dont get me wrong the combat is much better but exploration is far worse and so are questlines
#5gunsndrosesPosted 2/16/2013 7:14:48 PM(edited)
It's headed in a beautiful direction.

I disagree when you say that they need to improve characters and story.

Historically, games with wonderful stories and fleshed-out characters lack, if only a little bit, in the gameplay department. Gameplay is what TES is all about. Roleplaying, etc.

And no game, and I mean no game has ever been, nor will ever be, perfect. Bethesda can't have everything in their game; it's just not feasible. If Bethesda were to allocate resources to story, I worry about how awesome the open-world and everything in it will be.

As for everything else, they have the right idea. I think that with the criticism they've received for Skyrim, TES:VI will come out alright by me.
---
If you haven't found any communists in your back yard, you're not looking hard enough!
Strumcluks 4 lief
#6Arn544Posted 2/16/2013 8:40:24 PM
Skyrim more than tripled Oblivion's lifetime sales.

That ensures TES 6 will have a much larger budget than skyrim did, so they'll have plenty of resources to improve with.

It is a shame to see how horribly delivered the story was though, the teaser trailer's so epic it gives you chills then the actual story is so incredibly boring...
#7marcussl55Posted 2/16/2013 8:59:57 PM
Fisto_ posted...
In my honest opinion, they need to clean up in a few areas.

Radiant Quests need to be cut down or stopped altogether.

I'd also like to see more focus on the characters, though this isn't Bethesda's strong suit.

I'd like it most if they stopped making almost every questline ending anti-climatic. At least Morrowind's MQ felt somewhat satisfying at the end when you defeated Dagoth Ur, though lost its novelty after you could beat the game from the start doing a few quick things.

Is TES good the way it is in Skyrim or no?

What in the world do you have against radiant quests?
---
___"you cant just assume people are gonna shoot back at you...its an unknown, unknown...
#8Mental_CrushPosted 2/16/2013 9:36:45 PM
Better...from my perspective.
---
"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."
#9KabtheMentatPosted 2/16/2013 9:50:22 PM
Yeah, I'm not getting the hate for the Radiant quests...

Also it'll likely be an overall improvement. People ***** and moan about how the series is being dumbed down, especially since Morrowind. And they're not exactly wrong, but aren't right either. Skyrim maybe be "simpler" than Morrowind but it's infinitely more playable. Morrwind could be a pain in the ass sometimes and there was no game design justification for it.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#10fatclemenzaPosted 2/16/2013 9:51:54 PM(edited)
Better in some ways, worse in others. It will continue to get more and more simplified to draw in a casual audience, which I personally don't agree with.

There's way too much hand-holding for quests. There's no middle ground between going straight towards the arrow, and not having the faintest idea where to go.

The melee fighting improved since Oblivion, they should continue to build on it. Magic fighting on the other hand needs some help. There should be more offensive spells for sure.

Loot needs a revamp. There's literally no reason to go through dungeons in this game since most loot is just generic weapons armor and potions. Make the rewards at the ends of caves and fortresses something more than what I can buy from any smith in Skyrim.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively