Daedra can cure vampierisum right?

#1jrr18Posted 2/16/2013 8:40:59 PM
So why didn't Azura cure her followers in oblivion?
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#2LordTrinenPosted 2/16/2013 8:51:35 PM
I don't think all of them can. Based on what I've seen in-game and what I've read about the lore only four can or have cured vampirism. Those are Clavicus Vile, Molag Bal, Vaermina and Hircine.
#3Gamer-ChrisPosted 2/16/2013 8:54:47 PM
Meridia can cure it too.

.. with the edge of a very, very bright sword.
---
I like video games.
#4ShaminardrgnPosted 2/16/2013 8:58:38 PM
LordTrinen posted...
I don't think all of them can. Based on what I've seen in-game and what I've read about the lore only four can or have cured vampirism. Those are Clavicus Vile, Molag Bal, Vaermina and Hircine.

Clavicus 'cured' it with you, and you killed them; that's the cure he gave them...DEATH!!
---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#5Brenz0rPosted 2/16/2013 9:01:41 PM(edited)
Azura wanted you to punish her followers and bring them to death, not cure them. In her mind, they had turned away from her, willingly or not, and as such they no longer deserved her love... and now deserved to die (of course, she'd probably still get their souls, depending on whether they promised them to her or not).

Additionally, it may depend on which province. In Morrowind, Molag Bal had to pry the cure from Vaermina, possibly because the dream-association of vampirism there was an extra by Vaermina, changing it.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#6Faust21220Posted 2/17/2013 2:14:29 AM
Brenz0r posted...
Azura wanted you to punish her followers and bring them to death, not cure them. In her mind, they had turned away from her, willingly or not, and as such they no longer deserved her love... and now deserved to die (of course, she'd probably still get their souls, depending on whether they promised them to her or not).

Additionally, it may depend on which province. In Morrowind, Molag Bal had to pry the cure from Vaermina, possibly because the dream-association of vampirism there was an extra by Vaermina, changing it.

"I have seen your name, Traveler, and heard it whispered in twilight. I ask a service, which holds promise of fame and reward. Many years ago, five followers slew the vampire Dratik and its kin, but all were infected by the foul creature. Knowing their fate, they sealed themselves up in the vampire's lair. Their suffering weighs heavily on me. Travel to the Gutted Mine. The door will open to you. Bring the peace of death to my followers, and you shall earn my gratitude."

azura's text from oblivion, you are wrong, she wanted peace for her worshipers, not punishment
---
Aegisfang22: If you play an Elder Scrolls game for the main story...you're doing it wrong.
#7zeroboboPosted 2/17/2013 2:17:04 AM
i dont think the daedra are as powerful as they're made out to be or as powerful as they claim.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#8RebelElite791Posted 2/17/2013 3:57:29 AM
Faust21220 posted...
Brenz0r posted...

"I have seen your name, Traveler, and heard it whispered in twilight. I ask a service, which holds promise of fame and reward. Many years ago, five followers slew the vampire Dratik and its kin, but all were infected by the foul creature. Knowing their fate, they sealed themselves up in the vampire's lair. Their suffering weighs heavily on me. Travel to the Gutted Mine. The door will open to you. Bring the peace of death to my followers, and you shall earn my gratitude."

azura's text from oblivion, you are wrong, she wanted peace for her worshipers, not punishment

Except for the fact that's she's assuming they're suffering, and ordering you to kill them because SHE wants them dead.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Worn,_Faded_Note

Hell look at how obsessed homeboy is with his goddess.

I think your example proves Brenz right, if anything.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#9Brenz0rPosted 2/17/2013 4:26:23 AM
RebelElite791 posted...

Essentially. It should come as no surprise that Daedric Princes are perfectly capable of manipulating mortals into doing their dirty work for them.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#10Wings of FortePosted 2/17/2013 3:53:16 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Faust21220 posted...
Brenz0r posted...

Except for the fact that's she's assuming they're suffering, and ordering you to kill them because SHE wants them dead.

I think your example proves Brenz right, if anything.

Might be punishment and reward are two sides of the same coin for Azura. They die as a punishment for being infected and too dumb to bring a couple disease curing potions with 'em. The reward is Moonshadow....well perhaps...
---
A.K.A Red Dingo