I wish I had a really good headset.

#1BeastlyIguanaPosted 2/17/2013 2:05:06 PM
This game must be amazing with some Astros...
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#2N1ghtm4reW0lfPosted 2/17/2013 2:07:42 PM
Buy a pair of 50 dollar turtle beaches. X12s maybe. More than enough.
---
Time's modded for not saying "mentally challenged" : 14
(Mods made me change the sig cause "censor bypassing".)
#3Joe_CobbsPosted 2/17/2013 2:11:47 PM
It does sound great on my cheap x12s. Couldn't imagine it sounding better.
#4EdgeofLethePosted 2/17/2013 2:23:10 PM
Make that 3 people enjoying the hell out of the sound on a pair of X12s.

Unless the $100 headsets also make me a sandwich while I'm playing...
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#5AddictedToXboxPosted 2/17/2013 2:36:34 PM
BeastlyIguana posted...
This game must be amazing with some Astros...

It is, my friend. It is.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#6rx54Posted 2/17/2013 3:02:29 PM(edited)
I have a $200 Sennheiser headset.

I paid that much because I love music, and that's what I primarily use them for anyway. It's just a plus they work with xbox.

They're probably the best headset you could possibly buy for xbox, but if you actually want to use them with it you also need to buy the $130 Astro MixAmp or a similar device.
That's because it's actually a PC headset, there are lots of devices that allow them to be used with xbox, a lot of them are horrible though.

They are audiophile grade sound, they beat most normal headphones on the market.
They destroy Beats by Dre, but then again there are $80 headphones capable of doing that.

AKG and Sennheiser are two of the best audio companies in existence.

The absolute cheapest headset you can buy that is better than pretty much all Turtle Beach and Tritton products is the Siberia V2's.
They're $90 and debatable whether or not they are better than the 2013 Astro A40's.

However they're a PC headset, requiring an Astro Mixamp for $130 or a similar device.
Making it total $220.

Wired is always better than wireless, this is a fact and is not debatable.
It is also a fact that it is less convenient, having wires and such.

It's up to you to decide what is more important, convenience or better sound.
Wired internet is the exact same situation as wired sound.
It's a better connection.

That's that then.
Here's the Siberia V2's
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvSMp7T2Kes
^ Drugs.
#7the_arisenPosted 2/17/2013 3:03:45 PM
I had a set of x12's but then my GF got me the x32`s for xmas since I was complaining about the damn cord... LOVE THEM, cept they eat batteries so you need like 4 rechargable ones so you can cycle. Sold the x12`s to my buddy for 35 bucks to so it was win win
---
Find what you love and let it kill you - Bukowski
#8SoulOfFaythPosted 2/17/2013 3:05:45 PM
A cheap Sennheiser (<50) will do the trick just fine. But yeah playing with headphones on is pretty epic.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#9rx54Posted 2/17/2013 3:23:46 PM
I just advise doing whatever you can to not get a headset from a company that strictly makes gaming or console specific audio equipment.

Get something from a company that has been around for decades and makes things from microphones to headsets, broadcasting equipment to telecommunications devices.
When you buy a pair of headphones from a company thats equipment is used in airline traffic or radio stations, or events such as the equipment at the Grammy's (which used to be Audio Technica, might still be) you know you're getting something of quality.

Sennheiser has products that are over $1,500+, and from reviews (which surprisingly aren't a lot) say it's amazing.
Anyone who spends $1,500 on a pair of headphones is going to know their s***, and they say it's good.

Don't waste time with small time companies that have no experience.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvSMp7T2Kes
^ Drugs.
#10EdgeofLethePosted 2/17/2013 7:43:47 PM
rx54 posted...
I just advise doing whatever you can to not get a headset from a company that strictly makes gaming or console specific audio equipment.

Get something from a company that has been around for decades and makes things from microphones to headsets, broadcasting equipment to telecommunications devices.
When you buy a pair of headphones from a company thats equipment is used in airline traffic or radio stations, or events such as the equipment at the Grammy's (which used to be Audio Technica, might still be) you know you're getting something of quality.

Sennheiser has products that are over $1,500+, and from reviews (which surprisingly aren't a lot) say it's amazing.
Anyone who spends $1,500 on a pair of headphones is going to know their s***, and they say it's good.

Don't waste time with small time companies that have no experience.

You sound like you know your stuff, but you can't just equate a high price tag and household name with good quality sound...that's what's been selling Bose, etc. for the last 10 years much to the disappointment of people with their own ears involved.

I've listened to a pair of ~$120 Sennheiser headphones and wouldn't dispute the value, quality, etc. with anyone. That being said, not everyone has/wants to spend that kind of coin on headphones.

Oh well, TC got confirmation that the game sounds awesome on a good headset...I guess that was the point.
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle