The easy way to explain CHIM

#1The_Ivory_ManPosted 2/17/2013 3:59:18 PM
Think of TES universe as the matrix (Only it's in somebody/something's mind)

And when you realize you are in the matrix (And get that you are part of everything) you get special powers (Like in the Matrix movies)

So basically it's like the Matrix
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#2JINJ0Posted 2/17/2013 4:03:21 PM
But if you aren't strong enough (you don't take the pill), then you cease to exist.
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#3The_Ivory_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:08:56 PM
JINJ0 posted...
But if you aren't strong enough (you don't take the pill), then you cease to exist.

....I'm starting to think Bethesda stole CHIM from the Matrix
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#4JINJ0Posted 2/17/2013 4:16:33 PM
I'm pretty sure CHIM was a fun, tongue-in-cheek way of alluding to the player's ability to save, reload, and decide the fate of his/her character and the surrounding characters and events. That the writers then decided it should be taken seriously and expanded upon just makes dedicated fans have a lot of fun exploring the history and metaphysics of the series. I love that they did that. :)
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#5agentspoonPosted 2/17/2013 4:30:07 PM
Bethesda = The Dreamer

CHIM = The Player.

We can effect the Dream to a certain degree (How we Play) but there are still laws and rules we must follow.

The idea of CHIM is more so with the PC version as it has the Console and the Creation Kit allowing the player to further bend the Dream to their will.

Zero Summing is when the Player gets bored and moves on hence erasing themselves from the Dream, they are no longer part of it.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#6BushidoEffect3Posted 2/17/2013 4:32:27 PM
Is TC man o ebony? lol.
---
ESRB got this right
http://i.imgur.com/0Gp3HNz.png
#7RebelElite791Posted 2/17/2013 4:33:15 PM
JINJ0 posted...
I'm pretty sure CHIM was a fun, tongue-in-cheek way of alluding to the player's ability to save, reload, and decide the fate of his/her character and the surrounding characters and events. That the writers then decided it should be taken seriously and expanded upon just makes dedicated fans have a lot of fun exploring the history and metaphysics of the series. I love that they did that. :)

You're wrong. No offense.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#8The_Ivory_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:37:24 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Is TC man o ebony? lol.

Yeah... I've gone through about 4 name changes there are a few of my friends running around too got "SonOfEbony" and Ben something or other
---
#9BushidoEffect3Posted 2/17/2013 4:41:59 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Is TC man o ebony? lol.

Yeah... I've gone through about 4 name changes there are a few of my friends running around too got "SonOfEbony" and Ben something or other

Lol. Greetings then. Its me Ryan rei 6. I just need to use this more to level it up. I keep forgetting. Cookies make logins too lazy.
Toeh was interesting back then. He could be in ESVI.
Does that halofan still come here? or vanished for good? Energy dragons right?

Ok. Back to the CHIM!!
---
ESRB got this right
http://i.imgur.com/0Gp3HNz.png
#10The_Ivory_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:44:06 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Is TC man o ebony? lol.

Lol. Greetings then. Its me Ryan rei 6. I just need to use this more to level it up. I keep forgetting. Cookies make logins too lazy.
Toeh was interesting back then. He could be in ESVI.
Does that halofan still come here? or vanished for good? Energy dragons right?

Ok. Back to the CHIM!!

Halofan's been dead as far as I know...

And Toeh's a pretty cool guy
---