Anyone else only play and enjoy without exploits?

#1RawePosted 2/18/2013 5:45:21 AM
I play pn pc and people probably think I use mods but I restarted and doing a few playthroughs without them. Not that the mods I used before are exploits, but does anyone else enjoy playing without them?
Like set rules? I personally don't ever buy ungots and only mine ore to create weapons. Or refuse to use carriages and travel everywhere by foot. Makes the game more rewarding I think. Certain characters I would use carriages like assassins but not my warrior.
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#2GriffRobertsPosted 2/18/2013 5:56:59 AM
Self-imposed rules can be pretty fun. I play on PC, and most of my mods are "vanilla but better" sort of things; I try to avoid overhauls or big changes in general.

I've done no-fast travel before. It's great, but with how poorly Skyrim runs for me, sometimes I'm just not patient enough. And having to climb the 7,000 Steps so much can be a drag. I think a good middle ground is only fast traveling to your home, and using carriages (especially Hearthfire carriages) to get anywhere else.
---
I didn't edit my sig this time, but I'm trying out the sig rotation thing.
#3Perma-n00bPosted 2/18/2013 5:59:29 AM
I play with one basic rule in mind: I can only use once crafting skill per playthrough. Although u can still make over powered weapons by combining smithing with in game magic items thay boost 1h, 2h, or archery dmg.
#4gunsndrosesPosted 2/18/2013 6:00:36 AM
I am holier than thou.
---
If you haven't found any communists in your back yard, you're not looking hard enough!
Strumcluks 4 lief
#5midnyghtsson265Posted 2/18/2013 6:14:24 AM
I avoid exploits of any kind on any game. Removes that good feeling on the inside when you accomplish something.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#6DanOverboardPosted 2/18/2013 6:17:17 AM
Perma-n00b posted...
I play with one basic rule in mind: I can only use once crafting skill per playthrough. Although u can still make over powered weapons by combining smithing with in game magic items thay boost 1h, 2h, or archery dmg.

This.
#7Rawe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 6:34:01 AM
I agree. If I am playing a warrior than I only do smithing. IUf I do mage I would only do enchanting, and if I'm an assassin I would only do alchemy.
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#8silverhunter16Posted 2/18/2013 7:37:05 AM
My hate exploits of any kind, heck I don't even respec my perks cause I feel that's an exploit too.

Most of my characters now don't even go into any crafting at all, with arcane smithing being the extent that they go into smithing, if they go into smithing at all. I'm even making a mage that will not be using enchanting or alchemy to see if it's even feasible.
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"
#9Perma-n00bPosted 2/18/2013 7:58:16 AM
gunsndroses posted...
I am holier than thou.

You and many other regular posters on the Skyrim board. Lolololololololol.
#10Jhardy12121Posted 2/18/2013 10:59:28 AM
I'm trying to a very minimal fast travel/ no looting the hidden chest playthrough as opposed to all my others. Finding it much funner this way.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbD5d5AKKII&feature=youtu.be Subscribe and rate