Question regarding Dawnguard

#1moonlithunterPosted 2/18/2013 12:42:23 PM
In case the title wasn't a dead give away, I'm a PS3 gamer who isn't quite sure if I'll bother getting Dawnguard once it comes out.

I play as a melee character and am the Harbinger, so naturally I was interested to hear about the evolution of werewolf abilities, but I have NO interest in vampires and was concerned about the news that random vampire spawns can kill vital NPC's in towns. When a dragon attack in town occurs I'm always able to deal with it without citizen casualties by using shouts so....

1. Are vampire mob attacks more or less frequent than "Dragon attacking town" attacks?

2. Are the vampires about the same strength as the ones found on the road?

3, Do werewolves actually "Howl" now or is it just the same roar?

I appreciate the input!
---
Basking in the red afterglow....
#2moonlithunter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:09:59 PM
Anyone?
---
#3RebelElite791Posted 2/18/2013 2:11:56 PM
Vampires only attack at night, and stop once you finish the DG MQ.

Just time your traveling and you'll never, ever have an attack.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#4VeezaraPosted 2/18/2013 2:14:46 PM
Vampire mob attacks are quite frequent, they seem to stop coming into major cities too often for me once I joined the Dawnguard. Sort of like it makes vampires show up to drive you crazy until you visit Fort Dawnguard. After you have visited Fort Dawnguard mob attacks calm down. On the plus side being a werewolf you won't need to worry about the vampire disease.

Stronger than the ones on the road. Some of the ones in the towns are on the same level as the vampire you get sent to kill by the Jarl of Morthal.There are also weak ones. Some of them have death hounds which can be pretty nasty.

I can't remember if the howl/roar sounds different. You can make it stronger though, scare stronger enemies and call ice wolves and werewolves to become allies.
#5The_N8dogPosted 2/18/2013 2:22:59 PM
I've had them attack during the daytime...Quite a few times. After 9 am and before 6pm.
---
Retrouprising.com - Just about the best video game site ever made!
#6Mick65Posted 2/18/2013 2:25:16 PM
The frequency of attacks varies from player to player. I rarely get them and I don't know why, others seem plagued by them. Don't let the fear of town attacks prevent you from buying the dlc.
You can always reload a save.
---
JAFO
#7RebelElite791Posted 2/18/2013 2:26:52 PM
Mick65 posted...
The frequency of attacks varies from player to player. I rarely get them and I don't know why, others seem plagued by them. Don't let the fear of town attacks prevent you from buying the dlc.
You can always reload a save.

Random is random. I very rarely get dragon attacks either.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#8Blade_BraverPosted 2/18/2013 2:31:35 PM
moonlithunter posted...
In case the title wasn't a dead give away, I'm a PS3 gamer who isn't quite sure if I'll bother getting Dawnguard once it comes out.

I play as a melee character and am the Harbinger, so naturally I was interested to hear about the evolution of werewolf abilities, but I have NO interest in vampires and was concerned about the news that random vampire spawns can kill vital NPC's in towns. When a dragon attack in town occurs I'm always able to deal with it without citizen casualties by using shouts so....

1. Are vampire mob attacks more or less frequent than "Dragon attacking town" attacks?

2. Are the vampires about the same strength as the ones found on the road?

3, Do werewolves actually "Howl" now or is it just the same roar?

I appreciate the input!

1: It happens a lot for me especially if you fast travel to a town or city.

2: You tend to fight a lot of master vamps and their hell hounds. Very tough if not prepared level wise.

3: They sadly still roar.
---
Member of the Saxon Fan Club
#9moonlithunter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:28:20 PM
Thanks for the info everybody.,.. I appreciate it!
---