White-Gold Question

#61Jstretch19Posted 2/18/2013 8:01:33 PM
XanderRinge posted...
I don't know if anyone else has ever said this, but I am betting they are using this to set up a new background for future games. We have had the empire since the beginning(I think) and now with the big war we may have a new world order(possibly Thalmor) or even no world order, setting up each country to run themselves or go to war. Alot of options to choose from which could set up alot of good stories.

That's why I like the Stormcloaks to win the Civil War. Its just a better story over good Empire fights evil Thalmor.
---
Screw GS
#62Gamer-ChrisPosted 2/19/2013 9:56:44 AM
I feel we need to revive this for the sake of more fighting.
---
I like video games.
#63HabefietPosted 2/19/2013 1:19:04 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
Habefiet posted...
Jstretch19 posted...
The Thalmor's goal is to wipe out humanity and unbind the wheel.

Source RE: the wheel? Haven't been keeping up with some of the more meta stuff.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/tower

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean "what is the wheel," I meant "what is the evidence for your assertion that the Thalmor intend to unbind the wheel and what are the implications if they succeed."

I realize that may take a fair bit of effort to explain, but if you see this again and want to give it a go or someone else wants to explain, I'm quite curious.
#64clone11Posted 2/19/2013 1:25:11 PM
Habefiet posted...
Jstretch19 posted...
Habefiet posted...
Jstretch19 posted...
The Thalmor's goal is to wipe out humanity and unbind the wheel.

Source RE: the wheel? Haven't been keeping up with some of the more meta stuff.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/tower

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean "what is the wheel," I meant "what is the evidence for your assertion that the Thalmor intend to unbind the wheel and what are the implications if they succeed."

I realize that may take a fair bit of effort to explain, but if you see this again and want to give it a go or someone else wants to explain, I'm quite curious.

http://imperial-library.info/content/forum-archives-michael-kirkbride

What appears to be an Altmeri commentary on Talos:

"To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.

To achieve this goal, we must:

1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit."

---
"Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity..."
#65HabefietPosted 2/19/2013 1:47:22 PM
Oh wow.

Excellent, thanks very much.