1) Illia, the mage in Darklight Tower, has the potential to be your follower. However, I've read that she completely disappears when you shut your game off. Will this still happen if I make her a thrall? She seems like an extremely good mage follower, and that's what I'm focusing on this playthrough. If nothing else, I'll add her to my corpse collection.
2) Orchendor. Everybody loves this guy as a thrall, and I can see why. However, the UESP lists his max level at 46, meaning he will eventually be too high of a level to thrall. The Thrall FAQ lists him at 40 max though. Can anyone clarify which is correct?
3) What triggers thralls and followers to use Staves? I've given several of them a Storm Atronach staff and they refuse to use it. --- He's a well respected man about town, Doing the best things so conservatively
1) Taiga already got the Illia question; her scripting is bugged in that you can't re-hire her after you fire her, so that's as good a reason as any to kill and thrall her after you're bored with her being among the living. Plus she's a permanent corpse anyway, so there's another bonus.
2) I just tested ol' Orchy (having not thralled him since patching on my current char) and he still thralls up just fine. I checked his uesp page; his text description mentions him wearing daedric boots and such at higher levels, which doesn't make sense, but his stats still have him as lvl 40 max.
3) Dunno. I've never really had an issue with followers using staves (Jenassa used to summon frost atronachs constantly with the staff I gave her). I haven't tried giving thralls summoning staffs - they're capable of summoning on their own if they have the preexisting ability, but I don't know if thralls can use staves to summon. --- Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
So, thrall Illia finds it effective to start punching enemies instead of using her top-tier magic on them -_- looks like she's getting shelved for someone better lol --- He's a well respected man about town, Doing the best things so conservatively
As for followers & staves, some use some/all others don't. Seems random to me, and not based on any pre-existing skill level. Perhaps it's class based, I dunno. --- Remember: IamI3rian told ya. "Also, screw Alderaan they had it coming" -Sith Sloppy