I can not get into this game! HELP!

#1Famine_10f4Posted 2/18/2013 10:23:41 PM
Honestly I played through Oblivion and loved it, downloads and all. I've been trying to play Skyrim and I've only been able to get past the first dragon encounter, like 20 minutes in. I've had this game for almost 6 months and haven't had the desire to play it.

I wonder if it's just intimidating, being so large, or because I don't have the manual so figuring out how to play is annoying. I don't know. The graphics also bug me alot... I liked Oblivion's graphics better, not so filthy and choppy, also it's very dark too.
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.
#2RebelElite791Posted 2/18/2013 10:25:37 PM
Skyrim's graphics are choppy? Wat. Are you even patched?

And Oblivion had crap character models, too many bright pastels, and was far too bright and shiny.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#3GriffRobertsPosted 2/18/2013 10:26:22 PM
What did you like about Oblivion? If you aren't enjoying Skyrim, well, I'm sorry, but it might just not be in the cards for you.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#4robitussin217Posted 2/18/2013 10:37:34 PM
Mix together 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp of salt in 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Drink with 1000mg vitamin C. Lay down with your legs elevated, staying warm and making sure to get plenty of rest. In 8 hours you will love Skyrim.
#5F_GalikanokusPosted 2/18/2013 10:40:02 PM
robitussin217 posted...
Mix together 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp of salt in 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Drink with 1000mg vitamin C. Lay down with your legs elevated, staying warm and making sure to get plenty of rest. In 8 hours you will love Skyrim.

Damn you gamefaqs I want this as my sig
---
"This is America. Kidnapping a Christian? That's worse than harboring a fugitive."
#6GodSpark127Posted 2/18/2013 10:41:37 PM
Don't rush the dragons. I know they are a big selling point put seriously put them off for a bit.

*First 10 minutes spoilers*

When Gerdur/Alvor sends you to talk to the Jarl, go and talk to him. Once you are finished with the first bit of conversation (Balgruuf will talk to his steward Proventus and then order housekarl Irileth to send troops to Riverun) back up! Back up past the firepit. The Jarl will not begin the next bit of conversation (presumably because his throne is really cozy) and you will have successfully postponed the arrival of dragons in Skyrim without any downsides.
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#7Tec187Posted 2/18/2013 11:59:14 PM(edited)
It's not cool to not like Skyrim. A small group tried to make it out to be a while back, but they failed hard.
Everyone knows that everyone likes Skyrim.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#8the_arisenPosted 2/19/2013 12:08:13 AM
Tec187 posted...
It's not cool to not like Skyrim. A small group tried to make it out to be a while back, but they failed hard.
Everyone knows that everyone likes Skyrim.

He's right, everyone loves skyrim... Unlike that Raymond fellow... MAN I HATE HIM
---
Find what you love and let it kill you - Bukowski
#9Famine_10f4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:55:37 PM
I don't have have my xbox plugged in so maybe there is a download I need. I find the graphics unpleasant to look at, I guess... The gameplay feels very unforgiving, perhaps because I have no manual. I find it confusing, and the menu system is hard to navigate. I guess I feel like I have no idea hat I'm doing. In Oblivion it was made fairly clear what you needed to be doing, where as this game feels far too open right from the get go. Also I got a few side missions and I have no idea how to even look them up...

The controls also feel very floaty which Oblivion did as well but the combat seemed better... At the moment I'm just swinging my sword and out of no where there is some cinematic ... I have no idea how that happened.

But anyways, I'm going to try again.
---
In an insane world, a sane man must appear insane.
#10jessevalePosted 2/19/2013 6:01:19 PM
Gotta be trolling. Trying to get the "yeah right this game and it's entire ui and controls are geared for casual mainstream casual casual mainstream" all riled up.