Any DLC ideas that don't involve Thalmor/Stormcloaks/Imperials?

#41MrcTOtheJPosted 2/20/2013 10:40:09 PM
Orsinium, and the Surrounding Areas.

It'd be intresting to me, a good way to introduce new weapon types seeing as Orcs are renouned Warriors. Something involveing Malacath going on, an Arena, new mounts, and god knows what else could be involved.

About Oblivion gates, I think it blocks ones with Hostile Intent, it's how they explained the one to the Shivering Isles IIRC. Basically if you're like Dagon trying to invade, it shouldn't work, but if you're like Sheo and just leting people in, you'd be fine...I think, I'm not to versed in how the Luminal Barriers work...I think they're called that.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim (PS3) Mass Effect 2 (Ps3 5th Run) Minecraft (PC)
Currently waiting for: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, GTAV
#42zeroboboPosted 2/20/2013 11:02:15 PM
a bandit king.
simple.

just give him a good character, give him some charisma and give him a good cause thats misguided so he's sympathetic.

TES has the flaw of instead of good characters, it goes for grand things. you dont need massively powerful daedra or the divines or crazy prophecies.

a good character driven DLC would be amazing.

like my biggest problem with the TES series is that you're always the generic "child of destiny" crap. huge grand massive things.
it ends up overshadowing minor character stories which are actually more powerful and interesting.

alduin eating the world? blah blah dont care, he's BORING. alduin is a boring villian. why is he destroying the world? uh, cus he's supposed to. its just pretty lame.

yeah, i'm gonna be "that guy". but im currently replaying fallout new vegas. and DAMN the characters are so much more in-depth than anyone in skyrim.

a stupid throw away squad of snipers who have no real importance other than super minor side quests, like not named quests, have more character to them than the big name characters in skyrim. the followers in it are so much more interesting too, sure theres only like 5 or 6 or something but each of them are pretty detailed, have rich backstories and personalities.

i dunno, i want more characters in TES. less daedra and divines and prophecy nonsense.
give me some clever guys, just a clever villian rather than some super demon or daedric prince or whatever. cus guess what? if its a DLC about hircine i can already predict 90% of the DLC.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#43Brenz0rPosted 2/20/2013 11:07:29 PM
Iamvegito posted...
SurAzteka posted...
XOmegaProphetX posted...
A new oblivion gate opens.

I thought the oblivion gates were shut "forever" during the oblivion crisis

They were never permanently closed. The fact that Daedric Princes can still wander around Skyrim (see: Sam Guevenne, Barbas, Nocturnal) and screw with mortals is proof positive of that.

The Oblivion Gates were just to Mehrunes Dagon's plane.

That has nothing to do with it. The Gates were symptomatic of the Lunar Lattice breaking down, allowing stable gateways to form for an extended period of time (see Liminal Bridges). Further, there are a wide variety of loopholes in the Lattice, and there always have been. For example, a constant portal to Sheogorath's realm can be maintained regardless of the status of the Lattice, simply because it breaks none of the compacts/agreements between the Princes and mortals/gods.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#44MrcTOtheJPosted 2/20/2013 11:14:01 PM
zerobobo posted...
a bandit king.
simple.

just give him a good character, give him some charisma and give him a good cause thats misguided so he's sympathetic.

TES has the flaw of instead of good characters, it goes for grand things. you dont need massively powerful daedra or the divines or crazy prophecies.

a good character driven DLC would be amazing.

like my biggest problem with the TES series is that you're always the generic "child of destiny" crap. huge grand massive things.
it ends up overshadowing minor character stories which are actually more powerful and interesting.

alduin eating the world? blah blah dont care, he's BORING. alduin is a boring villian. why is he destroying the world? uh, cus he's supposed to. its just pretty lame.

yeah, i'm gonna be "that guy". but im currently replaying fallout new vegas. and DAMN the characters are so much more in-depth than anyone in skyrim.

a stupid throw away squad of snipers who have no real importance other than super minor side quests, like not named quests, have more character to them than the big name characters in skyrim. the followers in it are so much more interesting too, sure theres only like 5 or 6 or something but each of them are pretty detailed, have rich backstories and personalities.

i dunno, i want more characters in TES. less daedra and divines and prophecy nonsense.
give me some clever guys, just a clever villian rather than some super demon or daedric prince or whatever. cus guess what? if its a DLC about hircine i can already predict 90% of the DLC.

This would be nice...like REALLY nice.

I mean Dawngaurd and Dragonborn added some more intresting NPC's but when you compair them to some other games...they're still lacking. Hell the only three Followers that I can think of in Vanilla Skyrim that really says anything unique are Erandur, Mjoll, and Cicero. Personally I'd love them to take the Quality over Quantity approach like New Vegas. (But that's a topic for another day)

Personally wouldn't mind if you're Hircine prodiction came true ever (imagine if they can pull the Prophcy thing they do well, with some great charictars?) since I have a charictar just suited for it.

But in short a charictar Driven DLC would be nice, anyone half as awesome as Joshua Graham or Ulessyes from New Vegas, or any slew of charictars from Mass Effect (I realise this is pushing it as that's more Naritive ran than this or New Vegas even) would be great.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim (PS3) Mass Effect 2 (Ps3 5th Run) Minecraft (PC)
Currently waiting for: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, GTAV
#45VeezaraPosted 2/20/2013 11:15:04 PM
MrMRB posted...
I would like a dlc that expands the guilds maybe a some choice based quests, so join the silver hand, help mjoll fight the thieves guild, expand on taking out the Dark Brotherhood....

I thought the Silver Hand could have been better as well. I'd probably choose the Companions over them anyway, the Companions certainly seem to be the good guys. Still, the Silver hand seem to be little more than bandits, they even have the same bandit dialogue, just most of them have a silver sword and carry ingredients. Groups like the Summerset Shadows and Black Blood Maurauders have more differences from normal bandits than the Silver Hand.
Should they really just be like bandits? They are meant to be werewolf hunters. Only named NPC werewolf who seems to be a bad guy is Astrid's husband. A few hostile ones that you don't see their human form. You would imaging that the Silver Hand was formed by people who lost family members to werewolves, like Dawnguard was formed by people who lost family to vampires.
#46Brenz0rPosted 2/20/2013 11:31:50 PM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
About Oblivion gates, I think it blocks ones with Hostile Intent, it's how they explained the one to the Shivering Isles IIRC. Basically if you're like Dagon trying to invade, it shouldn't work, but if you're like Sheo and just leting people in, you'd be fine...I think, I'm not to versed in how the Luminal Barriers work...I think they're called that.

In short, there is a barrier between Mundus and Oblivion. It is maintained by Towers and the Khajiit race, specifically. Normally, stable gateways cannot open for more than a very short period of time, daedra are kept out, and mortals can freely go back and forth as much as they want. However, there are several cases where the barrier can be bypassed or ignored:

1. If the Lattice is not strong enough (for whatever purpose, such as the barrier being weakened). If it is weakened far enough, then anybody can go back and forth at will (Oblivion Gates that opened in Morrowind during the Crisis when the Lattice was weakened spewed out a wide variety of Daedra, including Winged Twilights and other creatures of Princes who are definitively not Mehrunes Dagon). Of course, Mundus will start dissolving into Oblivion if there's no Lattice.
2. If somebody chooses to summon a Daedra. This can be temporary or long-term, although Sotha Sil's compact with the Princes ensures that the Princes won't be summoned by just anybody (note: the compact is entirely reliant on the Princes choosing not to answer such summons - Mehrunes Dagon in that same story ignores the agreement and attacks Mournhold, stating that the pact was worthless). Anybody who summons a Bound item (sword, axe, dagger, armour, whatever) is summoning a daedra and binding it into a physical form.
3. If there is an extreme manifestation of a particular daedric sphere in Nirn. Hircine during the Bloodmoon prophecy is a good example of this, as the Bloodmoon allowed him to manifest in full form (though he chose to use a lesser one to battle the Nerevarine). Also note that Hircine was the one who invented that prophecy in the first place. Mehrunes Dagon was able to fully manifest himself in the wake of the destruction of Saarthal.
4. If the Lattice is actually pierced, or forced open to allow two-way stable passage from either side. Daedric gates (Liminal Bridges) are an example of this. Usually they can only last for a limited period of time, unless something else is also at play (see #1 and #6 for examples).
5. Back doors, side doors, "secret passageways" between Mundus and Oblivion all allow entry at full power. Nocturnal appears capable of passing back and forth at will with the Skeleton Key in place (speculatively, the Key might be "unlocking" the barrier for her). Azura can come back and forth as much as she wants, since she knows the secret of the Lattice that allows her to bypass it.
6. If a portal is created to invite mortals to enter a Realm for whatever reason, the barrier won't stop it. The portal to the Isles in Oblivion is a good example of this, as are the Black Books of Hermaeus Mora (reading them will transport the reader to Apocrypha).
7. If the daedra (generally a Prince) wants to have a look around and just sends an avatar along. The degree to which they can influence the world may or may not be lessened (since an avatar isn't the full power of the Prince), but that depends on what they do and whether what they do violates any specific rules. Sanguine hanging out in the mortal realm is an example of this. So are Hermaeus Mora's appearances in the Dragonborn DLC.

Artifacts are not daedra, though they embody some of their power. Neither is a voice (e.g. Mephala in Skyrim).

Basically, the Lattice isn't an impenetrable wall. It never was.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#47VeezaraPosted 2/20/2013 11:38:51 PM
Small thing but I'd like a misc where you can return Aegisbane. At least you can drop pocket it on the owner.
Funny when Muiri was talking about it, at first it sounded like she was going to say she was relieved I didn't kill Nilsene, just the way she was talking before getting disapointed. I think if I was talking to her I'd say, "How about instead of killing your friend, after taking care of Alain I'll get back what he stole and bring it to you. You can tell the family that you hired a mercinary to get it back."
#48DawndragonPosted 2/21/2013 12:12:07 AM
How about a form of 'Dragon Knight' faction, where you somehow end up being the leader of it or forming it altogether, basically you may end up playing The Dragon (Pun not intended) to any Dragon allies you may have made over the course of your game. Or they may end up playing the Dragon to you.

You could recruit from the list of current companions/followers at the risk of alienating the blades, possibly provoking them into attacking you, bonuses for joining the faction could naturally include more shouts, some weapons, and the opportunity to make your own distinctive set of Armour.

Alternatively a sort of 'Independent' route for the Civil War in which you recruit all the companions/followers into a group similar to Rider's (From Fate/Zero) Ionioi Hetairoi, this quest line would end with most if not all of Skyrim swearing their Fealty to You, You could also permit the Legion/Stormcloaks to stay in Skyrim if you wanted.

Armoured Longcoats, with a Higher Armour rating than basic Robes/Clothing but slightly less than Light armour, they are not only affected by Mage Armour, but you can improve them at a workbench, with the option of disabling the ability to improve them once they have been enchanted.

Something that actually uses up all the Linen Wraps you can find in Dungeons, actually something that uses up all the 'Clutter' items you can find around Skyrim.... Similar to the 'Voracious Reader' Perk from New Vegas, failing that, A use for the Ancient Traveller's Skull would be nice.

And for the last, We've seen the Bard's College, But what if there was some kind of Crafting Guild, with a few Mini-quests based around each Discipline? for instance, you finish the Smithing part and are awarded a few new perks that improve the potency of what you make, Also this idea includes an NPC that can buy what you make, and come back a few days (In-Game) with the Profits, This would be useful to me because I happen to have a great sword that No-one can buy.

I also wanted to include a form of Merchant's guild that improves the Mercantile side of speech and your overall ability to make a profit, but that might not have been the best Idea.

I hope these aren't too terrible in terms of Ideas. :)
---
Trade Partners: I Do not knowingly accept Hacked pokemon, Nor will I Knowingly trade them out.
3052-9840-7953 - Pokemon Black FC
#49VeezaraPosted 2/24/2013 1:53:30 PM
The ability to kill Maven. Let Riften be without a Jarl if the Imperials win. That would be good DLC, I read somewhere someone suspects Mjoll was the person who Maven performed the Black Sacrament for, maybe if a mission was activated where you could either fulfill that contract or join with Mjoll and kill Maven?
#50A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 2/24/2013 2:23:21 PM
I've long wanted a DLC where you could play Skyrim with a friend as a "follower"
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them