Small DLC coming soon

#51JWhiskeyPosted 2/20/2013 8:10:45 AM
I believe him yo, I don't know why, but I do.
---
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
The ubertoss -> http://youtu.be/LlREAFP5Dns
#52PairedsnakePosted 2/20/2013 8:16:20 AM
JWhiskey posted...
I believe him yo, I don't know why, but I do.

I want to believe
#53NateRose89Posted 2/20/2013 8:42:36 AM
nytecrawla posted...
I eat once a day because there is no reason for me to do otherwise. Simple as that. Spending all day everyday stuffing food in your mouth is sad, forcing yourself to eat more than what you need is sad and unhealthy. I eat what I need and nothing more, and what I need fits into one meal a day.

I come from a family of dieticians. Eating once a day is not healthy for humans no matter how you spin it.
---
"I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows." Sandor Clegane, 1996.
#54TheDude23Posted 2/20/2013 8:47:21 AM
IamI3rian posted...
lunarsword posted...
dansubmarine posted...
Gold25one posted...
I can make food for a week for 5 dollars

What are you going to eat.. a loaf of bread for a week?

$1 - bread
$1.5 - peanut butter
$1.5 - jelly
"free" - water

Someone hasn't bought bread since 1986.

^this^
---
What is understood, Need not be discussed.
#55reaper329Posted 2/20/2013 9:32:58 AM
nytecrawla posted...
Eating several small meals works for some, not all. You need to find what works for your body and not apply the same diet or advice that everyone else uses for their body. if it works for you, great, keep at it. I eat the way I do because of the way my life played out. It is simply the preferred way that I eat.

As far as what I eat, it varies day by day. Today for example I am having a venison stew made with brown rice, black, red and white beans, corn, peas, carrots and green beans and spiced with paprika, red pepper, and black pepper.

Yesterday I had a steak with corn, broccoli, green beans, roasted potatoes and spinach.

I don't eat the same thing every day, I use the same basic staples in most, if not all of my meals: Green Beans, Peas, Corn, Carrots, Red Beans, Black Beans, White Beans, Brown Rice and Yellow Potatoes. The protein changes (if I have any animal protein all) but I prefer Turkey or Chicken, typically grilled or oven roasted.

On the rare occasions that I do eat more than once a day (holidays, celebrations, special events) I will typically have a burger or something similar, though I tend to not use condiments or cheese. I only drink water, almond milk, unsweetened tea(green or orange pekoe) or fresh (hand squeezed) juice.

Since you included your stats, here are mine: 5'11 252 13% body fat (last checked in January, water displacement test). I can still pass a standard PT test in the army in the 80th percentile and I typically run anywhere from 5 to 15 miles a week, depending on how I feel. I bench 315 and squat close to 400. I can do anywhere from 150 to 200 pushups without a break, though that will vary based on what I did the day before.

I live the way I do because I enjoy it, and I try not to get preachy about food, unless insulted or pitied. I am healthy, haven't gotten sick in almost four years and I have never broken a bone. This is how I live my life, and it works for me.

I'm sick as a dog at the moment, and I've absolutely no interest in eating anything, but despite that, that damned stew sounds delicious.
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
#56Joe_CobbsPosted 2/20/2013 10:00:31 AM(edited)
kamahl25 posted...
Gold25one posted...
I can make food for a week for 5 dollars

bull, prove it

$5 worth of Top Ramen will have you eating like a (poor) king for a week.
#57nytecrawlaPosted 2/20/2013 10:58:42 AM
NateRose89 posted...
nytecrawla posted...
I eat once a day because there is no reason for me to do otherwise. Simple as that. Spending all day everyday stuffing food in your mouth is sad, forcing yourself to eat more than what you need is sad and unhealthy. I eat what I need and nothing more, and what I need fits into one meal a day.

I come from a family of dieticians. Eating once a day is not healthy for humans no matter how you spin it.

Then you should know that humans ate FAR less than once a day throughout our evolution and that our bodies are optimized for periods of 2 or 3 days without food entirely. I meet my caloric needs with one meal a day (1200-1500 calories per day, typically) and I have zero health issues. Also, what the hell does belonging to a family of dietitians matter anyway? Most dietitians or fitness experts I meet have no clue how the body works or are terribly unhealthy. You would probably recommend a bunch of useless supplements made from rice flour and 'proprietary blends' of ingredients too, wouldn't ya?

What works for my body works for my body. I have spent the last ten years of my life figuring out what works, what doesn't and how my body reacts to certain foods. Unless someone else has my exact same makeup and dietary needs and restrictions, they cannot possibly know what will work or what will not work for me. Once people figure that out the world will be a much simpler place to be in shape in.

tl;dr: My body !=your body or anyone else's. Deal with it.
---
Well don't that just beat all?
#58turn_basedPosted 2/20/2013 11:13:42 AM
TC is a legend, and last time I checked, "Legends don't burn down villages!"

Probably don't lie on Gamefaqs either. Probably.

:1
---
Redguards Rule!
#59FPS_MenacePosted 2/20/2013 11:20:44 AM
nytecrawla posted...
NateRose89 posted...
nytecrawla posted...

Then you should know that humans ate FAR less than once a day throughout our evolution and that our bodies are optimized for periods of 2 or 3 days without food entirely. I meet my caloric needs with one meal a day (1200-1500 calories per day, typically) and I have zero health issues. Also, what the hell does belonging to a family of dietitians matter anyway? Most dietitians or fitness experts I meet have no clue how the body works or are terribly unhealthy. You would probably recommend a bunch of useless supplements made from rice flour and 'proprietary blends' of ingredients too, wouldn't ya?

This. Nytecrawla knows what he is talking about. Plus, given the fact that all bodies are different and respond differently to similar stimuli, it wouldn't make sense that the same s*** would work the same for every person.
---
XBGT: HorrorSpliff
"You couldn't reach the top in a bad game of Tetris" - MC Juice
#60Fenix481Posted 2/20/2013 11:39:34 AM
nytecrawla posted...
NateRose89 posted...
nytecrawla posted...

What works for my body works for my body. I have spent the last ten years of my life figuring out what works, what doesn't and how my body reacts to certain foods. Unless someone else has my exact same makeup and dietary needs and restrictions, they cannot possibly know what will work or what will not work for me. Once people figure that out the world will be a much simpler place to be in shape in.

tl;dr: My body !=your body or anyone else's. Deal with it.

If your going to insist on doing this then I would recommend adding chia seeds to your diet. Just google benefits of chia seeds. They literally are a wonder food, the help every aspect of your body, skin, organs, bones, etc.
---
That's like roleplaying Barney as a blue dinosaur, just because you're not hardcore enough to play him purple.
If he isn't purple, he isn't Barney.