*ATTENTION LORE MASTERS* A question if you please.

#1NalzindarPosted 2/19/2013 9:54:06 PM
I plan on role playing as a wise Altmer wizard, who sends his time in study of all things of the Elder Scrolls mythology. Sort of like an elven Gandalf, to shed some light on his image. Could any of you help me answer some questions about the Altmer? How long do they live, do they show signs of age? Would a 500 or 1,000 year old High Elf have wrinkles and grey hair, or would he have been able to retain his hair color and remain somewhat young looking? Answers to these questions would be much appreciated, and sources would be welcome as well.
#2Nalzindar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:56:15 PM
I may have an answer to one of these question. Assuming a High Elf lives to be 1,000 years old, at age 500 he would look lie a 50 year old human, right?
---
In all honest,
Nalzindar the Wise
#3RampagingwalrusPosted 2/19/2013 11:02:04 PM
Magic renders normal ageing irrelevant.
If somebody studies/practices magic they can extend their life by centuries, or even millennia.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#4theonyxphoenixPosted 2/19/2013 11:04:35 PM
Nalzindar posted...
I plan on role playing as a wise Altmer wizard, who sends his time in study of all things of the Elder Scrolls mythology. Sort of like an elven Gandalf...

so...Elrond?
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#5Nalzindar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:12:45 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
Nalzindar posted...
I plan on role playing as a wise Altmer wizard, who sends his time in study of all things of the Elder Scrolls mythology. Sort of like an elven Gandalf...

so...Elrond?

Basically, but in LOTOR elves are immortal, so no aging whatsoever. It also seems that Altmer don't sport brown hair, only blond or white, at least in Skyrim anyway.
---
In all honest,
Nalzindar the Wise
#6Nalzindar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:14:34 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Magic renders normal ageing irrelevant.
If somebody studies/practices magic they can extend their life by centuries, or even millennia.

Would he show aging though? Could he be thousands of years old and still NOT have white hair?
---
In all honest,
Nalzindar the Wise
#7theonyxphoenixPosted 2/19/2013 11:15:00 PM
Technically Gandalf is a Maia and existed before time...but let's not split hairs :)

oh, and I know squat about ES lore.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#8Nalzindar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:19:52 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
Technically Gandalf is a Maia and existed before time...but let's not split hairs :)

oh, and I know squat about ES lore.

Yeah, hes an interesting fellow isn't he? ;) I'd like to think I'm pretty TES lore savvy, but asking for help from the public makes me feel otherwise. :/
---
In all honest,
Nalzindar the Wise
#9Brenz0rPosted 2/20/2013 12:25:35 AM
theonyxphoenix posted...
Technically Gandalf is a Maia and existed before time...

And didn't originally want to go to Middle-Earth because he was scared of Sauron. Until his boss Manwe told him to man up and either get on the boat, or Manwe would put him on it. Figuratively speaking.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#10SpoonForkKnifePosted 2/20/2013 3:50:12 AM
Brenz0r posted...
theonyxphoenix posted...
Technically Gandalf is a Maia and existed before time...

And didn't originally want to go to Middle-Earth because he was scared of Sauron. Until his boss Manwe told him to man up and either get on the boat, or Manwe would put him on it. Figuratively speaking.

LIES GANDALF DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING!
---
7+7=cat tango+cash=marshmallows I like spoons