Why do so many men play a female character?

#101vegeta2002Posted 2/20/2013 4:08:49 PM
It takes a certain kinda a dude to want to stare at a muscular male for hundreds of hours when they have the option not too. I switched to PC Skyrim recently for the mods. UNP body + UNP skimpy armors = win.
#102Q SlickPosted 2/20/2013 4:12:11 PM
ReverendCiars posted...
Frozz123 posted...
If your going to play a game and stare at someones butt all day, do you want to stare at a guys butt or a girls?

Who plays Skyrim in third-person for the whole game?

*raises hand*

About the only time I ever go into first person is to pick up something specific off of a table and I can't get the "crosshairs" centered on it.
---
Aha! May Della depart a Nissan as Sinatra pedalled Yamaha?
#103thepunchlinePosted 2/20/2013 4:19:23 PM
TBH I feel like female characters are usually done a little better. Also if I am going to be playing the same character for 50+ hours I dont want to stare at a guys *** the whole time
---
OnymousJones:Legendary Pokemon being rare? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!
lwstupidus:It takes a genetic talent and gift to be good enough to compete at the MLG
#104vegeta2002Posted 2/20/2013 4:37:43 PM(edited)
The whole first person vs third person argument is bogus. Like I said earlier, I switched to PC skyrim for the mods. There's a very simple mod that automatically switches to first person when you draw your weapon or sneak making third person the better option.

After you start adding new animations (catwalk, backflip, feminine running), new body meshes (UNP, CBBE), and new armors (skimpy armors, immersive armors) playing as a dude starts to feel lame.
#105Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/20/2013 4:48:16 PM
ThanatosIkke posted...
Schesparn posted...
I wonder why no one ever questions why a girl would play a male character. It's always this.

Perhaps because the gaming demographic is "slghtly" skewed towards the male gender?

That still side-steps the issue: why are people more upset with men playing as female than ladies playing as male?
#106Akito_KinomotoPosted 2/20/2013 9:06:06 PM
ThanatosIkke posted...
Schesparn posted...
I wonder why no one ever questions why a girl would play a male character. It's always this.

Perhaps because the gaming demographic is "slghtly" skewed towards the male gender?

That still side-steps the issue: why are people more upset with men playing as female than ladies playing as male?

The same reason females can screw gender roles while males can't.
---
I won't forget our promise we made. I close my eyes to make sure
I will move forward, shaking off the surging darkness.
#107Cast_SupremacyPosted 2/20/2013 9:14:48 PM
I just prefer to roleplay as a male. Unlike a surprisingly large amount of players, I just don't get off on playing as a lesbian Dragonborn in skimpy armour...
#108DarkSeraphMPosted 2/21/2013 6:33:25 AM
Since I'm in 3rd person 99% of the time, female avatars are better to look at for 300+ hours.
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#109IsayUsayPosted 2/21/2013 6:36:52 AM
SNESdude11 posted...
I swear men these days are becoming more effeminate.

Thanks for your insight into modern sociology, SNESdude11.
#110spyrobandicootPosted 2/21/2013 7:46:45 AM
I had a save RPing as Tali off of Mass Effect, only time I've been a girl
---
Dragonite AKA Barney the Derp