Just bought dawnguard which side should I join?

#1HUfan4LPosted 2/20/2013 9:39:58 AM
I'm a sneak/archer khajiit I want the crossbow but I also really wanna be a vampire
---
Gamertag: HU4L J3T
#2roadkill888Posted 2/20/2013 9:42:04 AM
Pretty much the only thing vampires offer are a couple decent rings. You can still become a vampire afterwards.
---
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain. It's time to toss the dice.
GT:yan templer
#3DubmeupsomePosted 2/20/2013 9:43:24 AM
Dawnguard, you can get Serena to change you at the end, being a vampire at the beginning is not worth it, trust me. I made this mistake and totally regret it.
---
GT: DubMeUpSome
#4General_TimPosted 2/20/2013 9:50:10 AM
Play both sides. You get the crossbow before you do any quests anyway. On my vamp lord save I have all of the Dawnguard equipment except for the special "Rune" set. I usually play as the humans though because I like being a werewolf.
---
Now see what you've done. You've gone and made me immortal.
You can try to MOD me but I will come back as something else every time.
#5daveliciousPosted 2/20/2013 9:54:01 AM
General_Tim posted...
Play both sides. You get the crossbow before you do any quests anyway. On my vamp lord save I have all of the Dawnguard equipment except for the special "Rune" set. I usually play as the humans though because I like being a werewolf.

The advantage to going dawnguard is the schematics missions where you are able to get better crossbows and bolts (and make them yourself). I don't think there's a way to get those if you join the vampires.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: DavePeesThePool
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#6SoulOfFaythPosted 2/20/2013 9:55:39 AM
Dawnguard obviously, if the vamps take over Skyrim everyone will be killed, it's even worse than the Thalmor or the Empire.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#7theonyxphoenixPosted 2/20/2013 9:59:24 AM
Skip the Dawnguard and you lose out on enhanced crossbows, great followers, the Dawnguard Rune weapons, and huskies (which are better than the death hounds...or at least as better as dog followers can be). The spells and things can still be purchased if they the sellers are pacified.

Skip Volkihar and you lose the ability to drain magic and stamina with your Vampire Lord absorb health. You lose Ring of the Beast which increases unarmed damage and the amazing ring for mages the Ring of the Erudite which near doubles magicka regeneration.

Unless you like vampires, or plan on using those rings then go with Dawnguard.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#8DubmeupsomePosted 2/20/2013 10:03:20 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
Dawnguard obviously, if the vamps take over Skyrim everyone will be killed, it's even worse than the Thalmor or the Empire.

This doesn't even happen anyway, it's Harkon's failed plan.
---
GT: DubMeUpSome
#9HaganPosted 2/20/2013 11:04:07 AM
I hate burning in the sun, and hate hipsters, so joining the dawnguard came naturally.
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#10silverhunter16Posted 2/20/2013 11:04:13 AM
Mage=Vampires
Everyone else=Dawnguard
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"