Is playing a mage that uses a dagger for poisons not playing a mage?

#21IamI3rianPosted 2/22/2013 1:05:35 AM
When playing the game "the right way" (you all know what I mean... and I am not advocating it at all) staves are tremendously useful. When you consider the expense of expert+ spells, having something to fall back on is very helpful.

Also, as a vamp you can get 3 free schools. Just sayin...

Either way though, I personally find that a huge magicka pool & high regen is FAR superior to any ridiculous (fragile) cost redux build. When I'm getting 40+ magicka/sec in combat, I find that having only a select few redux enchants mixed with other, more useful ones makes all the difference.

Being able to cast ANY spell over and over and over is far better than being limited in selection. Of course, that's the basis of being an effective mage in my opinion, so there's always that.

Either way, In fantasy that I've read, wizards often make use of weapons. Staves/daggers/swords tend to be relatively common. Now armor on the otherhand... that doesn't happen all the time, and when it does it's usually light leather etc...

/ramble.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#22Semi-AutomaticPosted 2/22/2013 1:06:00 AM
Actually if any of you are familiar with an anime named "Fairy Tail" There is a character by the name of "Mystogan" who ONLY uses staffs. And I made him on the game and made him only use staffs as well as illusionary/genjutsu type spells like, "Become Ethreal" and Powers from Miraak from the DragonBorn DLC. It is a very fun and doable build and quite capable of holding it's own against any other class. Also the collection of Staves are fun! There are so many and most are unique.
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#23LatronisPosted 2/22/2013 1:39:58 AM
I wanna staff I can beat people with not these silly magic sticks laying around
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/The_Original_Latronis/33865d18.jpg
#24CaIiber345Posted 2/22/2013 1:48:14 AM
I beat my staff all the time.

They're such awful employees...
---
"Tonight was darker than technology." Warrior Soul, Chuck Pfarrer
Hail HYDRA!
#25NicodaemosPosted 2/22/2013 2:14:17 AM
If magic is a large part of your playstyle, and you want to be called a mage, you're a f***ing mage.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#26clone11Posted 2/22/2013 2:21:22 AM
Think of it this way, no one ever told Gandalf he wasn't a real wizard because he used a sword. I think you'll be fine with a dagger.
---
"Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity..."